• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worst Feeling 9 and 1 Ever?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Just now, goldenbrahm1996 said:

They'll be 7/8ish pt favorites. Not that farfetched at all for us to win. Everyone needs to relax. 

I want it to be farfetched ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

49 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure why you keep thinking we are going to that bowl...possible? Yes....Likely....no. 

many of the sports writers have had us going to the BBMB for quite sometime.  i believe they are correct based on the play of the team and the attendance. so many people don't go and their answers are the SOS I have been seeing even on this board for years, "i won't go, they are playing_________, _____________, ________.  they are not good enough"  i remember the last time we played in ST. Pete, many on here saying that Memphis was not good enough competition, well now we're in the same conference. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Yes.

9-1 should be a good feeling but the way we've barely beaten some really bad teams makes it taste worse than it should.

But amazingly we are still in contention and one game where it all comes together would take us to the CCG with only 1 win over a team with a winning record.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

many of the sports writers have had us going to the BBMB for quite sometime.  i believe they are correct based on the play of the team and the attendance. so many people don't go and their answers are the SOS I have been seeing even on this board for years, "i won't go, they are playing_________, _____________, ________.  they are not good enough"  i remember the last time we played in ST. Pete, many on here saying that Memphis was not good enough competition, well now we're in the same conference. 

They were correct. We beat them 41-14

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Most of the time your record speaks to the type of team you are.  Not in this case we may be 9-1, but we are an undercoached team, playing a mediocre schedule, who has won most games simply on athletic ability of our players.  There may have been a few moments here or there throughout the season where the coaching/adjustments made a difference, but honestly we just had better athletes the our opponents most nights.  With little exception, maybe ECU, I don't understand why were not able to step on the gas and pull away from some far inferior opponents.  I guess the coaching staff just does not have the killer instinct.  Conservatism on a Tony Dungy level at this point.  Do enough on offense to win the game and rely on the defense to continue to run out onto the field after 3 to 5 play drives after multiple runs between the tackles and a streak pattern.  

My level of frustration makes me feel like we should be 1-9, not the other way around.   

That said, all can be forgiven (I guess) with a couple more wins (highly unlikely).   Hate to sound like such a Debbie Downer, but I just see us getting our rear ends handed to us next week by that Orlando team.  Good on them if they do it.  Their coach hasn't shied away from running a high powered offense.

I guess we maybe can see why CCS got run from UT.  Maybe it wasn't him necessarily, it was his crappy OC.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

33 minutes ago, michibull said:

The bottom line is that we should have gone undefeated. There is no excuses for doing otherwise. Even if we beat Mickey Mouse U and win the conference, it's still a what could have been. A one loss group of 5 team does not move the needle like an undefeated team. We had one of the weakest schedules and the most talented team in school history and we still didn't get it done. I can't help but feel like this season is a giant kick in the nuts. Unlike in 2007 when ESPN and the officials robbed us of the Rutgers game (which started the 3 game slide), this was our own doing. I love USF, but unless they win out and win the Peach Bowl, this season is just another, "same old USF" season. 

Being undefeated would do nothing more for our ceiling. If we win out we are in the Peach bowl. 

Had we gone undefeated throughout the year we would've been in the peach bowl.

We are in a GREAT position right now. I am not gonna piss and moan until we have no shot at a ny6 bowl. All we can do is hope our guys bring their A game Friday. If they can't get up for a rivalry game, then the season is a failure.

That being said, I like us being in the underdog role. ucf fans are the most arrogant and delusional fanbase. I hope the team is as well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

I respectfully disagree. Look at the sportswriters track record in picking bowls...not very good. Records rarely have anything to do with these lower bowls. St. Pete will not have two Florida schools playing each other (assuming FAU). Further, the league would want to market the Q brand against a known opponent. Last, this is a senior laden team and Harlan will push hard against a P5 opponent considering how we got screwed this year with the schedule. I still think Military Bowl. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If we lose to the tinmen, we are almost certainly going to BBMB.  If we beat the tinmen and lose the AACCG then I'm not sure where we end up.

Losing to the tinmen, especially if we look like we looked last nigh, will leave us at 9-2 and playing our worse ball at the end of the year with no signature wins that a bowl representative could point to. We haven't played in St Pete in a while so we're due and we're the local team.

It will be an awful bowl to end an awful season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

If there's ever been a weaker 9-1 football team, I've never seen or even heard of it.

We lost to the very first team we faced with a pulse.  UCF has quite a bit more than just a pulse.  I see a 25-point loss looming on the horizon next weekend.

Edited by Turd Ferguson

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Everything comes down to this week.  Time to wake up the echoes.

Serious Q: How many teams have we played in the 9 wins that we think are on UCF or Memphis' level?

Edited by Rocky Style
Just because...