• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Hueyhog20 said:

I buy his success as a DC...would love him for that role for us. But as HC? His success is tied to recruiting Teddy Bridgewater. What do you mean, he left the cupboard full at Texas? They just had another bad year! He made our offense and special teams into hot garbage, undisciplined play style (lead FBS in penalties!!) and couldn’t beat a team with a pulse this year.....he couldn’t adjust offensively to the talent we already had, which is a sign of an average to bad coach, IMO. He’s not that good dude. Just my opinion. I feel like we are going down another Skip Holtz timeline. 5-7 next year should do the trick.  

Of course he is just as likely to go 10-2 next year...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I'm not saying any of it is accurate. All I'm saying is what I've heard. You can choose to disbelieve it. Not sure how much of it I believe myself. But sometimes rumors turn out to be accurate. 

I totally agree.  I just am very wary of that kind of info.  Remember when everyone swore xCWT wasn't calling plays when we started doing well?  They even had insider information from players that they posted.  It turned out to be total BS.  The players were just speculating like the rest of us and the guy posting was just reinforcing his bias.

CCS might want out but I am not sure why.  He gets paid well and has next to no pressure.  He has access to great recruits etc.

The apathetic fan base?  I guess, but didn't he just get run out of town by the opposite?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Don't forget how xCWT hurt Asiantii Woulard's foot ... it's so true how news stories get broken on message boards.  

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I have that one tied to lob99 for some reason and that would have tarnished those other 2 legit stories ...

It was lob99 but it was one of the times he was just joking around.  It can be hard to tell with that guy sometime.  Maybe he was serious, I don't know but I always assumed it was a joke and helped perpetuate it.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

CCS doesn't need to take a job in the Power 5 conferences, he's got one. Next year, USF and UCF will be in the Big 12. :icon_drink:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I'm not saying any of it is accurate. All I'm saying is what I've heard. You can choose to disbelieve it. Not sure how much of it I believe myself. But sometimes rumors turn out to be accurate.

I've got no problem with that but it's when one says "all indications are he's not happy here" that's treating those rumors as fact, to me anyway,  and that's maybe not the way you meant it ... and I did find that article and quote you were talking about in the other thread:

Oh, and here’s something, just two days ago there was chatter within the profession that Strong was checking around about staff options should he receive the opportunity to return to Gainesville.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

15 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

CCS doesn't need to take a job in the Power 5 conferences, he's got one. Next year, USF and UCF will be in the Big 12. :icon_drink:

If the Big 12 were smart.  Sadly, they are not.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I've got no problem with that but it's when one says "all indications are he's not happy here" that's treating those rumors as fact, to me anyway,  and that's maybe not the way you meant it ... and I did find that article and quote you were talking about in the other thread:

Oh, and here’s something, just two days ago there was chatter within the profession that Strong was checking around about staff options should he receive the opportunity to return to Gainesville.

Perhaps "all indications" was an overstatement. Naively (considering the audience), I didn't think those words would be scrutinized to the extent they have been.***

***Going forward, may all Bullspenners please accept any statements I make with a certain degree of informality that I may or may not make explicit in any particular post. I apologize for the confusion my past, present, and future imprecise terminology may have caused.

Aside from the quote, FootballScoop.com has suggested CCS may leave for another job. He is regularly on lists of potential candidates that I've seen online. He has (correctly) groused about our attendance and lack of community support. Collin Sherwin of TDS has out-and-out said that CCS is not happy at USF. 

So, yeah. These "indications" are what I was referring to. They could all be BS. But would anyone be surprised if he left for a lower-level P5 job? I wouldn't be. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Dogma said:

This may be the reason he turned it down:

Brad StephensVerified account @BradKCTV5 21h21 hours ago
Hearing from UF insiders that Scott Frost told Gator admin. this morning that he is taking #Nebraska job

So he turned down a "P5" job for another "P5" job

Unless the contract is signed and a done deal, telling Florida he is taking the Nebraska job would be one of the most idiotic negotiating moves in big time sports.  

Even if it was the job he wanted, why on earth would his agent give up further negotiating leverage?  Even if it is not for more cash, you could hold that in your pocket for other terms.

You keep all cards close to the vest until the ink is dry.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, usfgrad84 said:

Unless the contract is signed and a done deal, telling Florida he is taking the Nebraska job would be one of the most idiotic negotiating moves in big time sports.  

Even if it was the job he wanted, why on earth would his agent give up further negotiating leverage?  Even if it is not for more cash, you could hold that in your pocket for other terms.

You keep all cards close to the vest until the ink is dry.

or the ink is dry and they just aren't announcing it yet. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Perhaps "all indications" was an overstatement. Naively (considering the audience), I didn't think those words would be scrutinized to the extent they have been.***

***Going forward, may all Bullspenners please accept any statements I make with a certain degree of informality that I may or may not make explicit in any particular post. I apologize for the confusion my past, present, and future imprecise terminology may have caused.

Aside from the quote, FootballScoop.com has suggested CCS may leave for another job. He is regularly on lists of potential candidates that I've seen online. He has (correctly) groused about our attendance and lack of community support. Collin Sherwin of TDS has out-and-out said that CCS is not happy at USF. 

So, yeah. These "indications" are what I was referring to. They could all be BS. But would anyone be surprised if he left for a lower-level P5 job? I wouldn't be. 

Does this mean I need to add a disclaimer to my posts too? Are we getting signature blocks now?