• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

I can guarantee that Charlie Strong is not leaving. I have only seen one coach leave his team after one year and that was Lane Kiffin and he still hasn't lived down that move. charlie is too old to be jumping around. As bad as some you guys want him out of USF it is not happening. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

44 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I can guarantee that Charlie Strong is not leaving. I have only seen one coach leave his team after one year and that was Lane Kiffin and he still hasn't lived down that move. charlie is too old to be jumping around. As bad as some you guys want him out of USF it is not happening. 

I could see Mullen offering Strong his D.C. position at UF. And I could see Strong taking that offer. His family wouldn't have to move, he'd get paid essentially the same thing, and he'd be back at a major P5 school. 

Not saying it will happen. Only that it's a distinct possibility. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I could see Mullen offering Strong his D.C. position at UF. And I could see Strong taking that offer. His family wouldn't have to move, he'd get paid essentially the same thing, and he'd be back at a major P5 school. 

I don't think so... Strong has now been spurned a few times by UF for their HC job, I don't think he would want to go there as a step down when he most likely believes that he SHOULD be the head coach. Too many egos at play for that to happen. Not to say that he wouldn't take a DC position somewhere if he thought it would get him to where he wants to be quicker, but, I don't think UF is it.

Could he be Taggarts DC in Tally? That would give him a chance to stick it to UF every year, could be enticing for him.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,116
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You could see that?  I mean he would basically be going back to where his career was, what 7 years ago?

Sounds far fetched.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think there's no way he'd take a DC job.  It would ruin any aspirations to be a HC as it would show a possible lack of ambition for an older coach.  At CCS's age it's nearly impossible to step back to a coordinator position then work your way back to being a HC, especially at the P5 level....

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think there's no way he'd take a DC job.  It would ruin any aspirations to be a HC as it would show a possible lack of ambition for an older coach.  At CCS's age it's nearly impossible to step back to a coordinator position then work your way back to being a HC, especially at the P5 level....

19 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Geez homie, have some more faith in USF. I would like to think coaching our football team is waaaay better than a demotion to a DC for a P5 school. lol

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

I think FSU is a once in a life time position, if Strong was offered I think he would jump after one year. I don't think the college world would look down on him from jumping from USF to a national title contender. I also don't think that FSU would try to hire Strong knowing that he really didn't improve USF this year and failed (technically) at Texas. That would be a huge risk for them, especially when they can basically go out and grab just about anyone they wanted. Taggart, I think, would be at the top of that list for sure. 

I was worried about Tennessee or Arkansas but they both appear to be dumpster fires and I'm not sure Strong would want to leave his current situation for those two locations (unless they throw a bank at him like Texas A&M is for Jimbo).

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Geez homie, have some more faith in USF. I would like to think coaching our football team is waaaay better than a demotion to a DC for a P5 school. lol

I have plenty of faith in USF. But all indications are that CCS doesn't like it here. And rumors on FootballScoop.com and elsewhere confirm that he's sent out feelers to UF. Yes, for HC, I know, but he's clearly still attracted to Gainesville.

Again, I didn't say it was LIKELY. I only said it was POSSIBLE. Everyone here assumes that at his age he continues to think like an up-and-coming coach, looking to punch his ticket to the next P5 HC position.

But it's possible he just wanted to get a solid job back in the state of Florida. USF was it, but having tried it and been disappointed (e.g. with attendance, community interest, etc.) he might want to settle into what he knows best (defense) at a blue blood school, THEN evaluate his options.

Even assuming he wants to coach a P5 school again, he might think there's less risk at UF at DC than head coaching a G5 school and having a mediocre record due to seniors graduating. Who would want to hire Strong after two years of 7-5 at a G5 school? He isn't exactly getting mentioned a bunch for SEC positions right now after a 9-2 season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I have plenty of faith in USF. But all indications are that CCS doesn't like it here. 

What indications besides a bunch of message board bs?