• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, ambienknights said:

There is no way Frost told the Gator admin. that. This is spin bc they are angry they rejected the 2nd time in a week.

I think Frost is going to Nebraska but no way he tells them that

So he told them "I'm good here at UCF and it's not because I already have a job lined up. I just reaaaaaly like not being rich and being the coach of one of the top programs in the country."

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, charsibb said:

Frost is a mystery to me

Since, say, the BCS era, has there ever been a G5 coach publicly turn down a bona fide P5 head coaching offer?

if he wasn't born among the men of Corn UCF probably fends off everyone for him. His wife really loves living in Winter Park & the UCF Donors stepped up big time but it still might not be enough to fend off Momma calling him home.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, ambienknights said:

if he wasn't born among the men of Corn UCF probably fends off everyone for him. His wife really loves living in Winter Park & the UCF Donors stepped up big time but it still might not be enough to fend off Momma calling him home.

I have no doubt that if he didn't play for Nebraska, there's no way he goes there.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So he told them "I'm good here at UCF and it's not because I already have a job lined up. I just reaaaaaly like not being rich and being the coach of one of the top programs in the country."

He told them No. You think with how public the Gators have been with this coaching search that he would tell them where he was going to coach next season? That is just a parting gift from the arrogant Gators that can't believe they got turned down twice so let's create a media mess

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

If he wasn't from Nebraska, then he probably would have taken the UF offer.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If Jimbo leaves does he turn them down? Fsu I think is the better job.

Easier conference and team in pretty decent shape.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180

Just checking.. you really think he would stay at ucf over UF (if Nebraska never came into play)? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

2 national titles as a DC at UF, Won the Big East title and a BCS bowl win over UF as a coach for Louisville, failed at Texas, but left the cupboard full........how is he overated? USF is currently 9-2 and 2 of our losses were by a touch down. Our defense which was our biggest weakness last year went from being ranked in the 100s to being ranked in the early 20s. He personally has had more success than ANY coach USF has ever had. 

I buy his success as a DC...would love him for that role for us. But as HC? His success is tied to recruiting Teddy Bridgewater. What do you mean, he left the cupboard full at Texas? They just had another bad year! He made our offense and special teams into hot garbage, undisciplined play style (lead FBS in penalties!!) and couldn’t beat a team with a pulse this year.....he couldn’t adjust offensively to the talent we already had, which is a sign of an average to bad coach, IMO. He’s not that good dude. Just my opinion. I feel like we are going down another Skip Holtz timeline. 5-7 next year should do the trick.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

28 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

There is no way Frost told the Gator admin. that. This is spin bc they are angry they rejected the 2nd time in a week.

I think Frost is going to Nebraska but no way he tells them that

Just curious, why does the this matter though? He’s gone no matter what, why get angry about what UF admin may or may not have said?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  50

https://twitter.com/mgiannotto/status/935185204821594112

UCF Coach Scott Frost was just asked on AAC teleconference to "bat down the rumors" and say he'll be back at UCF next year. He deftly sidestepped it by reiterating his focus is on "this team" and the championship game.

Edited by gobowls