• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I have plenty of faith in USF. But all indications are that CCS doesn't like it here. And rumors on FootballScoop.com and elsewhere confirm that he's sent out feelers to UF. Yes, for HC, I know, but he's clearly still attracted to Gainesville.

Again, I didn't say it was LIKELY. I only said it was POSSIBLE. Everyone here assumes that at his age he continues to think like an up-and-coming coach, looking to punch his ticket to the next P5 HC position.

But it's possible he just wanted to get a solid job back in the state of Florida. USF was it, but having tried it and been disappointed (e.g. with attendance, community interest, etc.) he might want to settle into what he knows best (defense) at a blue blood school, THEN evaluate his options.

Even assuming he wants to coach a P5 school again, he might think there's less risk at UF at DC than head coaching a G5 school and having a mediocre record due to seniors graduating. Who would want to hire Strong after two years of 7-5 at a G5 school? He isn't exactly getting mentioned a bunch for SEC positions right now after a 9-2 season.

I think that UF like FSU is a once in a lifetime opportunity. To say him sending out feelers means he wants out of USF is a little farfetched. I don't think he will ever be a DC again unless he fails miserably over the next few years at USF which is highly unlikely.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I have plenty of faith in USF. But all indications are that CCS doesn't like it here. And rumors on FootballScoop.com and elsewhere confirm that he's sent out feelers to UF. Yes, for HC, I know, but he's clearly still attracted to Gainesville.

Again, I didn't say it was LIKELY. I only said it was POSSIBLE. Everyone here assumes that at his age he continues to think like an up-and-coming coach, looking to punch his ticket to the next P5 HC position.

But it's possible he just wanted to get a solid job back in the state of Florida. USF was it, but having tried it and been disappointed (e.g. with attendance, community interest, etc.) he might want to settle into what he knows best (defense) at a blue blood school, THEN evaluate his options.

Even assuming he wants to coach a P5 school again, he might think there's less risk at UF at DC than head coaching a G5 school and having a mediocre record due to seniors graduating. Who would want to hire Strong after two years of 7-5 at a G5 school? He isn't exactly getting mentioned a bunch for SEC positions right now after a 9-2 season.

He just seems to have way too much pride to go become a DC at UF after they passed on him a million times. Hell I remember being pissed that UF would not offer him a job. He was our DC for both of our titles. as for the rumors of him not liking it here, I truly don't believe them. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What indications besides a bunch of message board bs?

You don't have to believe message boards. No one can make you. 

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He just seems to have way too much pride to go become a DC at UF after they passed on him a million times. Hell I remember being pissed that UF would not offer him a job. He was our DC for both of our titles. as for the rumors of him not liking it here, I truly don't believe them. 

You're probably right. We'll see.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

As much as I think Strong is overrated and not the coach for this team, I don't think he's going anywhere. Ole Miss was his best shot at leaving IMO. Arkansas a wild card maybe but I doubt it. I also doubt that Strong will be taking a DC job at any P5 school. That is a demotion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What indications besides a bunch of message board bs?

10 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You don't have to believe message boards. No one can make you. 

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some real indications....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some real indications....

Absolutely. Feel free to come to your own conclusions as to what are "real indications" and what aren't. Nothing on ESPN as of yet...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, charsibb said:

Frost is a mystery to me

Since, say, the BCS era, has there ever been a G5 coach publicly turn down a bona fide P5 head coaching offer?

This may be the reason he turned it down:

Brad StephensVerified account @BradKCTV5 21h21 hours ago
Hearing from UF insiders that Scott Frost told Gator admin. this morning that he is taking #Nebraska job

So he turned down a "P5" job for another "P5" job

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Dogma said:

This may be the reason he turned it down:

Brad StephensVerified account @BradKCTV5 21h21 hours ago
Hearing from UF insiders that Scott Frost told Gator admin. this morning that he is taking #Nebraska job

So he turned down a "P5" job for another "P5" job

There is no way Frost told the Gator admin. that. This is spin bc they are angry they rejected the 2nd time in a week.

I think Frost is going to Nebraska but no way he tells them that

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

As much as I think Strong is overrated and not the coach for this team, I don't think he's going anywhere. Ole Miss was his best shot at leaving IMO. Arkansas a wild card maybe but I doubt it. I also doubt that Strong will be taking a DC job at any P5 school. That is a demotion.

2 national titles as a DC at UF, Won the Big East title and a BCS bowl win over UF as a coach for Louisville, failed at Texas, but left the cupboard full........how is he overated? USF is currently 9-2 and 2 of our losses were by a touch down. Our defense which was our biggest weakness last year went from being ranked in the 100s to being ranked in the early 20s. He personally has had more success than ANY coach USF has ever had.