• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Coaching Search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... Vega has pretty much abandoned TBP, and the Bulls, once it apparently, finally sunk in that the problem wasn't Stan, but USF.

That's not true at all. I moved up to a higher management position also got married and started a family. I see just about everything on TBP but don't have the time to post. I also have my 87 old grandmother to check on and my wife and I are getting a house redone. Where's the time post..

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,500
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

That's not true at all. I moved up to a higher management position also got married and started a family. I see just about everything on TBP but don't have the time to post. I also have my 87 old grandmother to check on and my wife and I are getting a house redone. Where's the time post..

Congrats on the promotion and the marriage!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Ricky the Bull said:

Congrats on the promotion and the marriage!

Thanks...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Vega said:

I'll see your marriage, kid and add 2 grandsons and a 94 year old mother. ;)

Edited by Bourbon Bull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Vega said:

Congrats!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Vega said:

Who should coach USF Vega?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not usually one for mid-season firings, but this accomplishes two things IMO.  One, it gives Bartow a fair shot at showing he deserves consideration and two, it puts us first in line, so to speak, for a coach at the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not usually one for mid-season firings, but this accomplishes two things IMO.  One, it gives Bartow a fair shot at showing he deserves consideration and two, it puts us first in line, so to speak, for a coach at the end of the season.

Taggart walked into a mess. Strong walked into a gold mine, a productive gold mine.

What does the next BB coach get? Are the players here now coachable and talented enough to be the core of a good program? Or does the next guy have to build from scratch? 

How do those answers effect that decision?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

46 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Without Jamal here I'm not sure how much to expect as far as wins and losses.  Probably some some things like hustle, maybe improved defense can be looked at.  If he can teach anyone on the team to make an entry pass that doesn't get tipped or stolen I'll be impressed.  But our main problem is scoring and I just don't see how much change he can affect there. When kids miss layups and dunks those really aren't on the coach.