• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Better decision making? Based on what exactly? Woulard's roller coaster recruitment? The two years he sat on the bench? His one spring game worth of action?

QF decision making was insanely good this year considering how much sand lot football he played at times this year. Both guys were top Dual Threat QB recruits. Literally the only accomplishment Woulard has is the Elite 11 win which is completely subjective. Lets stop crowning Woulard before he's accomplished anything when we just watched a QB lead us to an 8 win season in his first real year.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8190665/asiantii-woulard-wins-elite-11-mvp

Out of the QB's in that story, only Hackenburg and Goff have done anything. This is without further research into the rest of the QB's so I could be wrong.

Edited by NinjaPenguin777
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

Do we have any new QBs in the recruiting pipeline?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Chris Oladokun. Probably spelled that wrong, but as of now he's our only commit. He's no threat to QF

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/96743-chris-oladokun-qb-alonso-hs-2016/

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Agony is the specialty here, you'd just be trading one agonizing discussion for another one about:

1. Arm wrestling clearly favors AW.

2. QF as the incumbent should just be declared until competition says otherwise

3. AW (or a new recruit) as the backup should just be declared until competition says otherwise

4. Arm wrestling is insane for QBs from a safety perspective.

on...and on...and...

Because?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Because?

He has longer arms, so he's got the leverage advantage.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

43 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

He has longer arms, so he's got the leverage advantage.

Just like in the bench press, I believe shorter arms favor longer arms in arm wrestling. Can we get a seasoned pro to confirm this?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

From this I'd say he's not beating out CWT Flowers   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBKRf_83TA

Edited by Triple B
That's who poster meant.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I like Flowers to start. 

Having said that, I will also say that it would take a very mature coach, team and player to go through spring, and IF IT IS THE CASE (which I have no idea), identify that the team would be in a better position to win with Woulard for them to move Flowers to receiver / punt returns.  The reason I say that is because IF Woulard separated himself even in the spring, most schools would stick with the guy who excelled last year.  The logical thing for all parties is to go with Woulard IF he steps up because it gives Flowers the best chance of playing at the next level, it gives Woulard the best chance of playing at the next level and in the scenario it would give our team the best chance to win. 

AGAIN ALL THAT IS A BIG IF!  But, there are logical reasons to go with Woulard given even a tie on paper, and that would mean Woulard outperforms Flowers in Spring enough to overcome the game experience and success of Flowers.  It would also give us a successful option should Woulard bomb.  Win - win if it worked out this way, because Flowers is honestly not likely to make an NFL team under center.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Because?

Work with me here. Seems like there's been some (!!) discussion over who has the "stronger" arm...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

Better decision making? Based on what exactly? Woulard's roller coaster recruitment? The two years he sat on the bench? His one spring game worth of action?

QF decision making was insanely good this year considering how much sand lot football he played at times this year. Both guys were top Dual Threat QB recruits. Literally the only accomplishment Woulard has is the Elite 11 win which is completely subjective. Lets stop crowning Woulard before he's accomplished anything when we just watched a QB lead us to an 8 win season in his first real year.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8190665/asiantii-woulard-wins-elite-11-mvp

Out of the QB's in that story, only Hackenburg and Goff have done anything. This is without further research into the rest of the QB's so I could be wrong.

Not to push the discussion in one way or the other, but more than those two have done pretty well for themselves in college since the Elite 11. Dobbs has been good for Tennessee. Zaire I'll give an incomplete to since he was the started at Notre Dame until he got injured. Greenlee isn't a slouch at Fresno. Max Browne has a good shot to be the starter at USC next year. Troy Williams has an equally good shot at being Utah's starter. Shane Morris will likely be in the mix next year at Michigan. But of the rest, not much has been done. But that's sort of par for the course with QBs out of high school. Most big time schools don't turn the ball over to a freshman or sophomore if they're recruiting the position well. When you're starting a freshman, it means you've done a piss poor job of roster depth at the position.

Edited by JTrue