• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, gullibull said:

I do not know who will start but if QF is our QB all season we will have a tough season. Anyone that watched this season and thinks he has a good arm is delusionalTeams don't have to work to make him one dimensional he is one dimensional. I'll say it straight up QF will not take this team to the next level. He seems like a good kid and he is a good athlete but unless we are switching to the option I don't see it. If I'm wrong I'll take the heat but I doubt it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/42/82/57/428257720afd075c06f6f1950dc34222.gif

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

16 minutes ago, DataBull said:

That wasn't me.  Really.

I would have been seriously disappointed if it was ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

QF is the starter, he is the leader and big toe.  Any other QB would have been sacked 100 times more than QF.  Hopefully he gets a little help on his mechanics/timing in the offseason but barring AW being Tom Brady, QF is the man.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, gullibull said:

I do not know who will start but if QF is our QB all season we will have a tough season. Anyone that watched this season and thinks he has a good arm is delusionalTeams don't have to work to make him one dimensional he is one dimensional. I'll say it straight up QF will not take this team to the next level. He seems like a good kid and he is a good athlete but unless we are switching to the option I don't see it. If I'm wrong I'll take the heat but I doubt it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, gullibull said:

gullible

adjective  gull·ible  \ˈgə-lə-bəl\

Simple Definition of gullible

Popularity: Top 30% of words
  • : easily fooled or cheated; especially : quick to believe something that is not true

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Can't they just arm wrestle for it or something, and save us 9 to 10 months of agonizing over this on The Bulls Pen?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Harlan also said that yesterday was the first team meeting of 2016. So, I assume that means the competition has begun.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Can't they just arm wrestle for it or something, and save us 9 to 10 months of agonizing over this on The Bulls Pen?

Agony is the specialty here, you'd just be trading one agonizing discussion for another one about:

1. Arm wrestling clearly favors AW.

2. QF as the incumbent should just be declared until competition says otherwise

3. AW (or a new recruit) as the backup should just be declared until competition says otherwise

4. Arm wrestling is insane for QBs from a safety perspective.

on...and on...and...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

18 hours ago, Breedwell said:

To finish my thoughts: 

Flowers amassed 3281 all-purpose yards his rookie season (not counting 2014), alongside 34 total TDs and 8 INTs. How many fumbles did he have? I don't think it was many, if any.

So, stat-wise Grothe is truthfully the name to beat, however, Flowers has a legitimate chance to match his numbers. But Flowers' numbers are overall better than BJ's. 

Experience matters. I'd say the triangle in sports is talent, experience, and physicality. That is, the body or the size or whatever for the position. 

• Flowers isn't as tall or big as Woulard, but Flowers' height didn't seem to affect him all that much. Flowers is also plenty fast enough and has enough stamina to run high-tempo and make plays. 
  • Flowers has played a full year of college football, including a bowl game and in higher-pressure situations (against top-25 talent, unfavorable conditions like in ECU, playing in places like Doak Campbell, etc). Woulard hasn't seen real action since high school, and that's a different type of game with disparity in talent levels. 
  • Woulard appears to be more talented. Better arm strength, maybe better decision-making. Perhaps so much so that experience begins to matter less. 

If which is the case, well, we'll see what happens. This is a fantastic problem to have.  however, I don't think we can take the team away from Flowers- he made this team his through leadership and willpower throughout the season. I think taking the team away from him without giving him a chance to lose it would be a disservice to his effort and set a bad precedence. 

I think if he comes out and looks bad against Towson and NIU, then maybe Woulard deserves some consideration. It should be Flowers' position- and team- to lose. 

This is not actually true.  You can argue Woulard may be more accurate (however you determine that), but Flowers can throw the ball close to 70 yards.  There was a direct quote from Rodney Adams that said that he could actually throw the ball 80 yards.  Woulard may throw a tighter spiral, but his arm is not stronger, nor can he throw the ball farther than Flowers, IMO.

http://www.blogs.tampabay.com/sports/college/quinton-flowers-emerges-as-dual-threat-weapon-for-usf/2258533

"That kid has a pretty strong arm," junior receiver Rodney Adams said. "He can fling it 80 yards just like that. It's pretty amazing. … He can just stand there and throw it."