• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Who should be the QB in 2016?

I'm not sure if this is the same as "Who will be the QB in 2016?" but this should be interesting.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Lets see him throw a pass in Spring, then we can debate :-)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

The one who will win 10 games. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Flowers should be the QB on opening day and thereafter until he is just not performing or winning games. This is strictly based on game experience and accomplishments. 

No way Woulard unseats him strictly based on preseason  

I have been skeptical about Flowers and even in his winning, I have maintained that someone that can only put ip half the rushing yardage he can, but can move the chains more effectively will open ip the offense even more  

That being said, it would be a horrible personnel move to remove him after his record setting performances this year. He has earned the right to be the QB for at leat the near future. 

Agreed. Since AW has never took a live game day snap after 2 years, and after QF's performance this year, the logical choice is Flowers. He's got a lot of improving to do but we know what he can do in a game situation. We have no idea what the others can do yet. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

Flowers will no doubt work on his weaknesses this spring and will solidify himself as the starter for at least the opener. I hope he improves on accurately passing something other than screens and long shots downfield.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Nebraska had an incumbent starter returning in 2005 (Joe Dailey) with two years of eligibility remaining. However, juco transfer Zach Taylor put up 357 yards by halftime of the Spring Game leading the incumbent to transfer before the season started. Let's go Woulard - show'em the golden arm! With Woulard's accuracy, Mack will have a monster season because defenses will have to respect us (and Woulard has wheels as well).

Edited by CallMeCognitiveDissonance
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'd say start Flowers the 1st half and hopefully we'll be leading by a good margin. Let Woulard play the 2nd half so we can at least see what the guy can do in a game situation. It would be a shame to have the better QB sit the bench for the next 2 years just because he doesn't have any "game" experience. Give the guy some **** game experience I say. If Woulard stink or is average, then we can at least put this debate to rest. I'd say do the same thing for the NIU game, but I don't think we'll have that luxury since that game could be a loss.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, CPR said:

I'd say start Flowers the 1st half and hopefully we'll be leading by a good margin. Let Woulard play the 2nd half so we can at least see what the guy can do in a game situation. It would be a shame to have the better QB sit the bench for the next 2 years just because he doesn't have any "game" experience. Give the guy some **** game experience I say. If Woulard stink or is average, then we can at least put this debate to rest. I'd say do the same thing for the NIU game, but I don't think we'll have that luxury since that game could be a loss.

Seems reasonable enough to me. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, CallMeCognitiveDissonance said:

Nebraska had an incumbent starter returning in 2005 (Joe Dailey) with two years of eligibility remaining. However, juco transfer Zach Taylor put up 357 yards by halftime of the Spring Game leading the incumbent to transfer before the season started. Let's go Woulard - show'em the golden arm! With Woulard's accuracy, Mack will have a monster season because defenses will have to respect us (and Woulard has wheels as well).

:facepalm:

• Downvote 1