• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

14 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

So you admit you didn't watch any of the games ... thanks for confirming what I suspected long ago.  

Right.  Glad to have you around here as a college football expert.  What team do you coach again?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, DataBull said:

How do you think I got through the season?

I actually thought this was a witty come back.  Not sure why all the negative votes for banter.  Obviously you watch the games.  

Maybe you should have followed it with:

rimshot.gif 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

I actually thought this was a witty come back.  Not sure why all the negative votes for banter.  Obviously you watch the games.  

rimshot.gif 

Because the last two months have seen an absolute avalanche of up and down voting every single post. 

Make a post about how you think QF is the greatest QB not just in USF history, but the history of the sport, get 5 upvotes.

Post something about how CWT did an excellent job this year, he's certainly trending in the right direction, but he hasn't quite earned a statue on campus yet, get 2 downvotes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Here we go again (stupidly).

Flowers just had the greatest season every by a USF QB.  He rushed for a thousand yards!  Most TD's ever by a QB.  Everyone's all time favorite Grothe had far less TD's in a season.  He had 34 total TD's.  THIRTY FOUR TOUCHDOWNS.

I just can't believe this is even a discussion.  I just can't.  I just refuse to believe that people can't look at a stat sheet and realize we've just witnessed the greatest performance by a USF QB ever.  And for the record, Flowers throws a GREAT deep ball.  He hit more long balls than any QB in USF history. 

And you want to throw all of that away for some guy who has never played a down of college football.

And by the way, Flowers will transfer out if he's not the starter.  Not even a question.

How will some of you guys suggest that AW is even better based off some spring practices.  Are you guaranteeing AW is going to rush for 1,100 yards and throws for 23+ TD's? because that's what it would take to be better than QF.

I am so done with this stupid thread.  Total and utter nonsense.  QF is your starter as long as he puts on a USF jersey...and should be.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

49 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Here we go again (stupidly).

Flowers just had the greatest season every by a USF QB.  He rushed for a thousand yards!  Most TD's ever by a QB.  Everyone's all time favorite Grothe had far less TD's in a season.  He had 34 total TD's.  THIRTY FOUR TOUCHDOWNS.

I just can't believe this is even a discussion.  I just can't.  I just refuse to believe that people can't look at a stat sheet and realize we've just witnessed the greatest performance by a USF QB ever.  And for the record, Flowers throws a GREAT deep ball.  He hit more long balls than any QB in USF history. 

And you want to throw all of that away for some guy who has never played a down of college football.

And by the way, Flowers will transfer out if he's not the starter.  Not even a question.

How will some of you guys suggest that AW is even better based off some spring practices.  Are you guaranteeing AW is going to rush for 1,100 yards and throws for 23+ TD's? because that's what it would take to be better than QF.

I am so done with this stupid thread.  Total and utter nonsense.  QF is your starter as long as he puts on a USF jersey...and should be.  

I'm in downtown San Antonio for the next couple of days for work again - hit me up (210-906-0537) and we can discuss it over a beer or two on the River Walk (or near by). It's always good running into a Bullspenner outside of Tampa. I would rank QF the fourth best QB this program has had - regardless of the season's records. He's the QB that made due with the most weapons at his disposal (three very good running backs) - couple that with watered down competition - it's all the makings of records being re-written. Imagine if the run was respected as much when Grothe or BJ were running things? Mack has really established himself as a great running back in college football and D'Ernest Johnson has some of the best hands on a running back that we've come across at this program (plus he's a great route runner). QF's deep ball is the worst of all the QB's between Daniels, Grothe and Blackwell (and it's not even close). QF has overthrown more wide open receivers than the other three QB's combined have had open to throw too. Yes, Flowers can run - but so could each of the other QB's. However we're talking different offenses. Black and I discussed the talent at the QB position prior to QF and how he would rank them. He ranked BJ first, himself second (slightly better than Grothe) and then Matt Grothe. I don't see QF touching Grothe or BJ (unless he comes back with new throwing mechanics this summer). 

On a different note, you do realize Matt Grothe is the #1 all time Big East yardage leader. BJ Daniels is #3 all time. And we're talking about some great QB's that played in the Big East - Donovan McNabb, Gino Torreta, both Hasselback brothers, Brian St. Pierre, Brian Brohm, Ken Dorsey, Geno Smith, Marc Bolger, Alex Van Pelt and Pat White (I'm sure there are more). 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

On 1/5/2016 at 11:59 AM, DataBull said:

I really enjoy it when QF misses a receiver by thirty yards to ensure that the pass does not get intercepted.  That is some top notch "game management".

I wouldn't call it a game management issue - it's just a talent issue - he can't connect consistently on the deep ball to an open receiver (he could get better over time - but I'm not counting on it honestly). The play calling placed Flowers in a position to light it up deep all season with how defenses stacked the box against the run. Sometimes QF would hit a home run, but most times he would overthrow the receiver by a country mile.

If I compared Flowers to athletes in other sports that people might relate to, I would say in baseball he is similar to Chris Davis. Davis either hits a home run or K's miserably - like why are you swinging at that pitch type of K. Maybe Charles Barkley would be a better comparison. Chuck could play some hoops, but man the guy couldn't shoot the three to save his life. Defenses would leave Barkley wide open and he would throw brick after brick up (kinda like Bulliever on the basketball court - Brad can't do anything from outside of 19'). Inside of three, Chuck was a beast and his shooting percentages always reflected it. Outside of three, he's like Q Flowers on the deep ball. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I resolve to be a tireless advocate for which ever quarterback is 2nd string.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

I wouldn't call it a game management issue - it's just a talent issue - he can't connect consistently on the deep ball to an open receiver (he could get better over time - but I'm not counting on it honestly). The play calling placed Flowers in a position to light it up deep all season with how defenses stacked the box against the run. Sometimes QF would hit a home run, but most times he would overthrow the receiver by a country mile.

If I compared Flowers to athletes in other sports that people might relate to, I would say in baseball he is similar to Chris Davis. Davis either hits a home run or K's miserably - like why are you swinging at that pitch type of K. Maybe Charles Barkley would be a better comparison. Chuck could play some hoops, but man the guy couldn't shoot the three to save his life. Defenses would leave Barkley wide open and he would throw brick after brick up (kinda like Bulliever on the basketball court - Brad can't do anything from outside of 19'). Inside of three, Chuck was a beast and his shooting percentages always reflected it. Outside of three, he's like Q Flowers on the deep ball. 

I agree, except it isn't just an issue with the deep ball.  Sometimes he made very nice throws on the short and intermediate stuff and other times he missed basic throws by a mile.  Last year he would throw them into the ground 10 yards short of the receiver.  This year he seemed to miss high and wide by huge margins as the season went along.  Although he did throw some balls into the dirt against WKU on little swing passes.

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

rimshot.gif 

Some people on here don't understand witty, sharp or funny.  The downvotes are being made by haters.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

My question is what does it take for a kid that's never played a down of college ball to take the job from a QB who just had the type of production Flowers had? What proves he's unquestionably better between now and the opener? 

• Upvote 3