• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, CallMeCognitiveDissonance said:

Nebraska had an incumbent starter returning in 2005 (Joe Dailey) with two years of eligibility remaining. However, juco transfer Zach Taylor put up 357 yards by halftime of the Spring Game leading the incumbent to transfer before the season started. Let's go Woulard - show'em the golden arm! With Woulard's accuracy, Mack will have a monster season because defenses will have to respect us (and Woulard has wheels as well).

we had an incumbent starter compete in the spring that transferred as well when Flowers won the job.

Woulard and flowers had near identical numbers in high school. His junior year he had 14 TDs and 10 int for 1,334 yards. 58% completion percentage.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

We'll have to see how much improved QF's personal game is come '16. Tough to objectively assess/gauge his uptick in performance from '15, when he was tossed into the deep-end as a true frosh. Inevitable an athlete of his caliber is going to make strides with age/experience... good deal of our '15 success is rooted in the peripheral, IMO.. positive shift in coaching philosophy, emergence of a potential high-round'er running back to split O responsibility with, and a vastly improved defense (less time-on-field for O), etc. Point is, I think its all about the tangible improvement in QF's personal performance that will decide it (throwing ability, football IQ/decision making).  

I have to imagine chip-on-the-shoulder AW is ravenously hungry for competition, and will live and breathe training and playbook this offseason. Going to come down to who offers the more effective Ying to Mack's Yang, perhaps? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Thing that impresses me most about Flowers is he is a great game manager...he protects the ball if he can develop more the intermediate passing game he will be for sure the starter next year.

Woulard will get playing time though because I expect some blowouts next year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

10 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Thing that impresses me most about Flowers is he is a great game manager...he protects the ball if he can develop more the intermediate passing game he will be for sure the starter next year.

Woulard will get playing time though because I expect some blowouts next year.

Yeah, I hate this debate because it put me in a position to root for one player over another.  They are both Bulls and kids basically and I hope they make it a tough decision for CWT in the summer.  

I would love it if Woulard turns out to be a stud, some sort of phenom.  The game is a crucible though and you sometimes don't know what the player (or team) is made of until the game is on the line.  

Flowers is workman like and has shown to be a pretty tough nut, manages a good game and I am starting to like that as a fan.  I used to love the gunslingers like Grothe and Daniels (I still do) but they are no good for my blood pressure because you live and die by their improvisations. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

16 hours ago, CPR said:

I'd say start Flowers the 1st half and hopefully we'll be leading by a good margin. Let Woulard play the 2nd half so we can at least see what the guy can do in a game situation. It would be a shame to have the better QB sit the bench for the next 2 years just because he doesn't have any "game" experience. Give the guy some **** game experience I say. 

It seems like you've already made up your mind who's the better QB, despite the one whom you think is better having zero game experience.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Do we really need another thread for this?

Wondered the same thing when I saw this.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Which QB should be the starting QB in 2016? Based on facts, QF. There is no other answer at this point. For all we know the best QB may not even be on the roster. Why should we limit ourselves to only two candidates? 

14 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Which QB should be the starting QB in 2016? Based on facts, QF. 

Why should we count on facts when we are blessed with so many amateur QB gurus on TBP telling us AW is the better QB?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Which QB should be the starting QB in 2016? Based on facts, QF. There is no other answer at this point. For all we know the best QB may not even be on the roster. Why should we limit ourselves to only two candidates? 

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Why should we count on facts when we are blessed with so many amateur QB gurus on TBP telling us AW is the better QB?  

Gotta start somewhere... Who knows, they may be right.