• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard VS. Quinton Flowers

Asiantii Woulard VS. QUINTON FLOWERS  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CaliforniaBull said:

I agree with a lot of what youre saying, but let me make a few counter points

1. It doesnt take a phenom at QB to get 8 wins in this conference. Look at UConn. You have to think if they have a Marlon Mack to help spark their offense, it would up their win total. Arkeel Newsome (uconns RB) wouldnt even beat out DErnest Johnson

2. Talk to me about comparing QF to MG when he beats Florida state next year. MG won some huge games, and is entrenched as the best USF QB ever for awhile. 

3. No one is complaining about his mechanics. I wouldnt care if hes slingin the ball between his legs, but hes simply not hitting a lot of deeper throws unless they are wide open. I challenge someone to show me tape of him threading the needle between two defenders deep, or hitting a WR in stride deep. That being said, i think hes made great progress.

4. Teddy B hits amazing throws, so please, lets not look like fools and put them in the same convo. 

I may come off as negative here, but let me say this. Flowers has impressed the hell out of me, and I would not be disappointed one bit to see him as our starter next year. I think it would be very realistic (not likely) to win 10 games with him starting. But we are all acting like it would take the next Tom Brady to supplant him at QB here. If AW can sling it AND we know he has wheels too, why would we not let him get reps at #1 and play at least 3-4 series of the opener vs Towson to compete for a spot? Just my 2 cents

I'm hoping AW and BK both get multiple series in that game, and possibly NIU, to see who's first in line if Flowers falters .... but Towson gave ECU all they could handle last season and while we should still win, don't know if it will be a FAMU type laugher where a lot of experimenting can be done.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers will start against towns on regardless of the spring game unless he gets injured. If we are up big I could see aw starting the 2nd half and playing the 2nd half. Kean might go in the 4th quarter if we are still up big 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, CaliforniaBull said:

1. It doesnt take a phenom at QB to get 8 wins in this conference. Look at UConn. You have to think if they have a Marlon Mack to help spark their offense, it would up their win total. Arkeel Newsome (uconns RB) wouldnt even beat out DErnest Johnson

2. Talk to me about comparing QF to MG when he beats Florida state next year. MG won some huge games, and is entrenched as the best USF QB ever for awhile. 

3. No one is complaining about his mechanics. I wouldnt care if hes slingin the ball between his legs, but hes simply not hitting a lot of deeper throws unless they are wide open. I challenge someone to show me tape of him threading the needle between two defenders deep, or hitting a WR in stride deep. That being said, i think hes made great progress.

4. Teddy B hits amazing throws, so please, lets not look like fools and put them in the same convo. 

I may come off as negative here, but let me say this. Flowers has impressed the hell out of me, and I would not be disappointed one bit to see him as our starter next year. I think it would be very realistic (not likely) to win 10 games with him starting. But we are all acting like it would take the next Tom Brady to supplant him at QB here. If AW can sling it AND we know he has wheels too, why would we not let him get reps at #1 and play at least 3-4 series of the opener vs Towson to compete for a spot? Just my 2 cents

I agree with most of what you said, but a lot of people on this board complain about his mechanics. Even though you and I don't care, if people want anything negative on flowers they immediately blame his mechanics even if it is unrelated. The comparison to Teddy is that they both have awkward throwing motions but that doesn't mean that they can't throw well, it's not saying that flowers is as good of a passer as teddy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

tumblr_inline_n7lci3A18a1sz03jf.gif

Not to distract from topic on the 6th page, but that Peretti chick is so friggin funny to watch, she's a virtuoso of dripping sarcasm. I'd pay to see a debate between her & JTrue.

Diversion complete, carry on.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, CaliforniaBull said:

1.) It may not take a phenom but it does take a good quarterback. If it didn't we would have had 8 wins two years ago. Uconn fell short because of injuries, that temple game would have been  completely different had they had their starting QB. There aren't many Marlon Macks in the nation, so any team would be better off for having him. 

2.) I believe the comparison can start as soon as he puts on a USF Jersey and breaks season records as a QB. Record books don't care about what conference or opponent, they look at the accolades. I'm a former Grothe groupie, but with his many magical moments, he was a very flawed QB. In the big picture what did he accomplish here that makes him untouchable?  Beat big names in their down years? 

3.) This was addressed by a fellow Bull. I can promise you that I've heard commentators compliment him on perfectly thrown ball but I don't have the technology to give you video proof, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. 

4.) Just used him to support my mechanics argument. Poor mechanics, great results. 

Thank you for taking time to respond though. I finally had time to follow up.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

1) I don't know that our 2013 team wins 8 games with nothing more than a change of QB. QF with that team and that offense strategy does not have the season he had this year and neither does the team.

2) Record books absolutely care about the opponents and conferences. Its the very reason there's a such thing as an Big East record book, FBS record book, and so on. Or do you believe Nate Kmic is the best running back in NCAA history?

3) Never really listen to the commentators one way or the other. But he did throw some very nice deep balls this past season (and some stinkers), so they should have complimented him.

4) Meh. Its college football. I'll take ugly and productive over pretty every day of the week. Let NFL scouts worry about mechanics, ability to repeat the throwing motion, career durability, and the like. I care about the next two years. 

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!