• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Does the rest of the country consider USF one of the taller midgets...I mean little people? Certainly not the last few years. How much more appealing would it be to play a 6-6 SEC team in Birmingham? No one is going to care about that bowl either. A few years ago, this board dismissed UCF's bowl win over a 6-6 UGA team, yet now that is one of our ideal post season matchups???  I consider this bowl game a great send off to the seniors and the fans that have toiled thru the worst years of this program, celebrating a successful year. I'm going to do all I can to be there and cheer on my Bulls!

you have summed up the cognitive dissonance here pretty well. What other schools do is whatever, but what we do is important. I'm sure it will be the same for us on the tintroll boards as well. 

You are right that the student athletes that had to struggle through a lot of adversity deserve this. For the seniors it's their last shot. Our fans definitely need this. People are starting to come back around, and this bowl could help stoke the flames of interest. 

One last thing. We should be able to find solace in the fact that our lows have never been winless. We are heading in the right direction and it's great to be back on this kind of a stage. Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Buy tickets ???   LOL....that stadium will be so empty...maybe worse then a "U" game.  They could give tickets away and you might not hit 30k.  This will be a big loser for USF in terms of money.  They will have to buy their ticket allotment which they won't be close to selling.  All I can say is buy your tickets thru USF(helps the school) and don't worry where the seats are cause you will be able to sit anywhere.  Go to the game and show USF has a following and stop in West Palm on the way down....some great clubs there.

I want to support by buying thru USF, but as you noted, 40-50 yard line seats will likely be cheaper at the game or on Stub Hub.  But, I think we may be able to get the best of all worlds IF we can move to empty seats.  But I'd hate to get crap seats like the when I hit the St. Pete Bowl.

But I am going, and likely talked in a business associate into going...along with my wife.  So, we'll bring at least 3.  Agree the date/time suck, but I've been waiting almost 5 years for this, so I'm going.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Days Won:  10

Mr. & Mrs. RTB will be there.

Haven't missed one yet!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I want to support by buying thru USF, but as you noted, 40-50 yard line seats will likely be cheaper at the game or on Stub Hub.  But, I think we may be able to get the best of all worlds IF we can move to empty seats.  But I'd hate to get crap seats like the when I hit the St. Pete Bowl.

But I am going, and likely talked in a business associate into going...along with my wife.  So, we'll bring at least 3.  Agree the date/time suck, but I've been waiting almost 5 years for this, so I'm going.

Have a great time Jupe wish I was going as it would be great to have a beer with you under better circumstances than the Navy game. I did buy two tickets to donate to the Boys and Girls Club of Miami. Although I can't make the bowl game I am already planning to go to Cuse, Temple, and one home game next year. Hopefully I can catch up with you at one of these. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We will be there as well as our sons and their friends.  I have a job and WILL take the day off!

I cant believe what I am reading here.  We finally get a bowl and------

Wah, Wah Wah, its on a Monday afternoon, don't like the city, don't like the opponent, CRAPPY SEATS.

Support your team!!!  who gives a rats ars who the opponent is?  we are finally winning and in a bowl

Goooo Bulls

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

So under what scenario would it be a PAC 12 team? Who could that team be? And when are we expecting to find out?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

If we must play wku I hope they are ranked atleast for when we beat them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

We will be there as well as our sons and their friends.  I have a job and WILL take the day off!

I cant believe what I am reading here.  We finally get a bowl and------

Wah, Wah Wah, its on a Monday afternoon, don't like the city, don't like the opponent, CRAPPY SEATS.

Support your team!!!  who gives a rats ars who the opponent is?  we are finally winning and in a bowl

Goooo Bulls

This ↑

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Really funny thing is the Miami Beach Bowl page is blocked here at my work. All the rest, no problem, just the Miami page. :wtf:

Edited by cophbulls