• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

Ouch! In terms of viewership, only 1.3 million viewers last year.  That's number 38 out of 39 bowls.  Not the most prestigious time slot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/01/15/reviewing-the-2014-15-bowl-season-highest-bowl-game-prices-attendances-and-tv-ratings/

Was a great game and even better brawl.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

That was with BYU too which has a large following. Ratings will probably be dead last this bowl season but I don't give a ****. I'm really excited for one more game I will be able to attend! 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Crappy draw for a bowl game, but I'll try to get a Monday off and back up to ATL somehow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Bowl says official announcement will be made Sunday afternoon.  I'm sure USF must wait until then to make their announcement.

https://twitter.com/MiamiBeachBowl?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Of course I am going, of course I am thrilled we are in a bowl but this is the worst bowl we could have gone to.
Would have been much better to be in St Pete. No one is watching this game(outside of us) no one is going (outside of us), and no one cares(outside of us). 
From a personal perspective, I hate Miami. That town needs an enema. Wah, wah, wah, first world problems. Miami wouldn't understand, not being a first world.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

On one hand I'm beyond happy that we are in a bowl game again... on another I'm confounded as to why we chose the Miami Beach Bowl over the St. Pete Bowl when we are likely going to have to eat over half of the tickets we have to purchase for the Miami Beach Bowl.

I'm scratching my head as to why athletics thought that a 2PM Monday afternoon bowl game is good for the program, and a 12PM Saturday bowl game wasn't?

I'm happy, just have a lot of questions.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

I'm not so sure USF had a pick of bowls.  Maybe between Miami and St. Pete?  

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

On one hand I'm beyond happy that we are in a bowl game again... on another I'm confounded as to why we chose the Miami Beach Bowl over the St. Pete Bowl when we are likely going to have to eat over half of the tickets we have to purchase for the Miami Beach Bowl.

I'm scratching my head as to why athletics thought that a 2PM Monday afternoon bowl game is good for the program, and a 12PM Saturday bowl game wasn't?

I think USF wanted to reward the players with a Bowl trip.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Never really heard of the school picking the bowl and neither one is really "good for the program" other than it is a bowl for the first time in 5 years ....... but if we did have any input, I thought I read somewhere that CWT would like the team to travel and with a lot of kids from that area, it's almost the ideal location.