• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI BEACH BOWL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

For me the only thing wrong with this bowl is the day and time frame. 2:30 on a Monday afternoon?

Why not put it on to where it ends just before the 'Skins vs Cowboy game? At least that way there would be the appearance of more people watching. Even if it would only be the last few minutes of the game. 

This day time makes it a non-event for me. People already have this time booked off work so I can't take it. It's during the afternoon so unless it is broadcast on ESPN and I can stream it at work I won't be able to watch it.

I'm disappointed about no P5 matchup and a dangerous G5 opponent is a no-win situation but that's not a huge issue. Very disappointed about the day and particularly the time.

Yay for money(hope we actually do turn a profit), extra practices(huge) and whatever minimal exposure we get.

Ouch! In terms of viewership, only 1.3 million viewers last year.  That's number 38 out of 39 bowls.  Not the most prestigious time slot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/01/15/reviewing-the-2014-15-bowl-season-highest-bowl-game-prices-attendances-and-tv-ratings/

It's a graveyard time slot.

if we acquire that lot would we repurpose the space for incubator/classroom space? Move a couple of programs across the street and develop that maple and holly spot? :stirpot:

I'd hope we'd build a new datacenter on it along with whatever else goes there. We had a deal in place to partner with a 3rd party for a new datacenter near Embassy Suites but either the Board of Trustees or the Tallahassee Board of Governors shot it down. We really need a new building for the datacenter.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I'd hope we'd build a new datacenter on it along with whatever else goes there. We had a deal in place to partner with a 3rd party for a new datacenter near Embassy Suites but either the Board of Trustees or the Tallahassee Board of Governors shot it down. We really need a new building for the datacenter.

I am pro ocs, but academics and revenue creating needs should be our first priority. Keeping pace and getting ahead in those areas will help more than any sporting facility. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I am pro ocs, but academics and revenue creating needs should be our first priority. Keeping pace and getting ahead in those areas will help more than any sporting facility. 

sports expenditures and academics-related expenditures generally come from different budgets.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

sports expenditures and academics-related expenditures generally come from different budgets.  

I know, but donations typically come from one pool. I think it's difficult to get money for each project out of our alumni, especially given all the needs. I know some people like to give to certain areas, but not everyone gives targeted gifts.

We still rely on the state for funding and the state likes to see ROI, like any investor. In order to get to the next level we will need project cash, mostly likely from the state. I'm more concerned with top flight academic, than athletics.

Two wo disparate thoughts, but they are linked in a way.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Im in!!! Day trip, leaving right after game....dang gonna have to stay sober :(

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

bowlcoachface.jpg

Join fellow Bulls fans for a pre-game tailgate in Miami!

Tailgate ticket includes hearty lunch buffet and two drink tickets.

Music  *  Give-A-Ways  *Special Guest Appearances 

LOCATION  Marlins Park West Plaza (off of Marlins Way)

TAILGATE  11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

KICK-OFF  2:30 p.m.

ADULTS                                         $45

CHILDREN (AGES 6 - 12)  $20

REGISTRATION  www.usf.edu/ua/tailgate

PARKING  http://miamibeachbowl.com/sports/2014/9/22/GEN_0922144853.aspx

For event information contact Pam Kelley at kelleyp@usf.edu or (813)974-9583.

Call 1-800-GO-BULLS or visit www.usfbowlcentral.com to order game tickets.

For tailgate refunds please email Victoria Horcasitas at vhorcasitas@usf.edu.

Notification must be received prior to December 14.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Im in!!! Day trip, leaving right after game....dang gonna have to stay sober :(

We're taking the fan bus just for that reason.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Ouch! In terms of viewership, only 1.3 million viewers last year.  That's number 38 out of 39 bowls.  Not the most prestigious time slot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/01/15/reviewing-the-2014-15-bowl-season-highest-bowl-game-prices-attendances-and-tv-ratings/

Check out our ratings for the UCF game on Thanksgiving.  Now that was a pretty bad rating.

Go Bulls!