• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who really gives a **** if CWT is calling plays or not? Bottom line he made the adjustments and we are winning. I could care less about 2007, 2015, the first team ever, etc. That is yesterdays news. The football climate has changed and it looks like USF is changing also. For the here and now USF is successful and I love that we are relevant again.

This is strong 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Triple B... we're not Taggart haters - we're Bulls fans that are realistic about what we witnessed for the last two seasons. Cambodia36's assessment was spot on - wish I could have it said just as clearly - but it was EXACTLY the message I was attempting to convey. If we keep winning and you guys call me a hating fool, I'm fine with it. I just want to keep winning. Nothing has been sugar coated on the other forums I participate in with the former players and coaches - there is no filter for many of the guys when they add their personal narrative. Honestly, I'm one of the more PC individuals in those discussions. Some players though have gone Trump on the staff over the body of work for the last two years - and yes, the coaches are privy to our comments as they have responded back to us.  

Terry, go back and re-read your post. You're a great writer and always articulated your thoughts pretty clearly. You came across as pretty heavy anti-CWT ... and the fact you're extolling the virtues of hbryan and Cambodia just reinforces that. We're not talking about his first two and a quarter years here where he made mistakes but was not the sole reason we sucked. We're talking about this season post Memphis. CWT admitted his playcalling in that game didn't give us the best chance to win but to postulate that he just suddenly handed that over to someone else rather than adjusting it himself .... and then not owning up to giving it up.... is pretty damning in regards to what your opinion of him is.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Triple B... we're not Taggart haters - we're Bulls fans that are realistic about what we witnessed for the last two seasons. Cambodia36's assessment was spot on - wish I could have it said just as clearly - but it was EXACTLY the message I was attempting to convey. If we keep winning and you guys call me a hating fool, I'm fine with it. I just want to keep winning. Nothing has been sugar coated on the other forums I participate in with the former players and coaches - there is no filter for many of the guys when they add their personal narrative. Honestly, I'm one of the more PC individuals in those discussions. Some players though have gone Trump on the staff over the body of work for the last two years - and yes, the coaches are privy to our comments as they have responded back to us.  

I guess with the overwhelming evidence to the contrary you still won't admit you were wrong. Taggart is calling the plays.

maybe the program wasn't going to be a quick fix after the mess  holtz left.

maybe just maybe the young players on this team especially the QB just needed time to gain valuable game experience.

Maybe the coach needed to trust them in order to open up the offense.

I get that we live in a instant gratification world but that's just not possible when you need a complete rebuild of a program.

The last 2 seasons sucked. That doesn't mean the next 2 will

I remember a team Leavitt had in 2004 that was terrible. 2 corners that couldn't cover to save their lives. a pass defense that barely ranked in the top 100.

Both were young and both went on to the NFL. We went 4-7 that year. 2 years later we had what many would consider our best team ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We need to pay the man.  I do not think anyone will come calling this year but you better believe he will be getting offers like crazy next year.  

He is a local guy and could build something here.  He could really make USF a national contender but given the state of college football, it will probably not happen.

I think he has it written in his office somewhere "It is easier to climb than to hang on."  

This is where I wish we were in a bigger conference.  We could make him rich.

How can any coach make USF a national contender?  We're in a non BCS conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

I would tend to think that those inside the AD's office know what is going on and who is calling the shots/plays and will offer extensions and raises according to their contribution.

CWT is ultimately responsible for every decision, whether they are from him or not.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

How can any coach make USF a national contender?  We're in a non BCS conference.

We need to pay the man.  I do not think anyone will come calling this year but you better believe he will be getting offers like crazy next year.  

He is a local guy and could build something here.  He could really make USF a national contender but given the state of college football, it will probably not happen.

I think he has it written in his office somewhere "It is easier to climb than to hang on."  

This is where I wish we were in a bigger conference.  We could make him rich.

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Who really gives a **** if CWT is calling plays or not? Bottom line he made the adjustments and we are winning. I could care less about 2007, 2015, the first team ever, etc. That is yesterdays news. The football climate has changed and it looks like USF is changing also. For the here and now USF is successful and I love that we are relevant again.

so true

cwt turned this program around

he gets the credit

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Every single team is in a non-BCS conference.   Jussayin'

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

We had a recent online discussion among former players from season one through the last graduating season - many of us thought it would behoove the administration not to jump on an extension this season until we saw some consistency next year as well (not the entire year per se - but a solid start like the great finish we're experiencing). There were former players calling for Coach's head prior to the season starting and a couple games into it (with just as many wanting to see how this season played out). I was definitely one of them in the can him camp - not denying it. However it's because we have expectations to succeed - and yes, many of us are impatient when we see the coaching aspect of the game letting us down (it's easy to see when the players drop a football or overthrow a receiver by 20-yards). Seeing the coaching let us down is more with scheming and poor game management (after watching years of game film - we can see stuff the average fan might not be able to point out). After Coach Taggart deferred his play calling duties (and this isn't hearsay - we have a player's rep for a reason who stays in contact with the staff), things changed. As a whole, Coach Taggart scrapping his system and hiring a new staff was an exceptional move on his part. Fortunately for him, he made excellent hires because a program is too challenging for one person to figure out on their own (even if you have a talent stockpile). So, back to your original point - it's not the girlfriend that knows Taggart's cousin's wife - it's from the program itself. Does Taggart override things himself at time - of course - he's still the Captain of the USF ship. Let's just say he made a good judgment call before things spiraled out of his control.  

I guess you didn't watch enough film because you couldn't tell the same guy was still calling plays.  And you should probably get a new players rep... Or... let me throw this out there for a moment... wait for it... waaaaait for it.   Ok... Or you are lying. 

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I like winning.