• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Who really gives a **** if CWT is calling plays or not? Bottom line he made the adjustments and we are winning. I could care less about 2007, 2015, the first team ever, etc. That is yesterdays news. The football climate has changed and it looks like USF is changing also. For the here and now USF is successful and I love that we are relevant again.

That's what scares me.  People are asking Taggart if he's calling plays.  I hope he's not so insecure or egotistical that he reverts to play calling (without input), to "prove" his detractors wrong.  THAT...could be terrible.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

That's what scares me.  People are asking Taggart if he's calling plays.  I hope he's not so insecure or egotistical that he reverts to play calling (without input), to "prove" his detractors wrong.  THAT...could be terrible.

So you're worried CWT is a bad enough coach to worry about proving fans wrong?  LOL what more does this guy have to do?! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

So you're worried CWT is a bad enough coach to worry about proving fans wrong?  LOL what more does this guy have to do?! 

Beat UCF for #1.  Make sense?

• Downvote 4

Beat UCF for #1.  Make sense?

LOL  Welp I hope he can pull it off to impress you big shot!  It will be mighty tough though, for sure!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL  Welp I hope he can pull it off to impress you big shot!  It will be mighty tough though, for sure!

Another personal attack from a TB ignorami member.  Why am I not surprised.

• Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

The turn around occurred when Flowers asked for a meeting with Taggart and told the coach to trust him. I believe it was after the Memphis loss. That's when the play calling shifted to a more wide open approach. Taggart didn't feel he needed to be so conservative anymore. He started to believe in Flowers.

So... For 2 1/2 years the offense sucked donkey azz.. and QF goes "coach- TRUST ME!" and all of the sudden a Rocky montage breaks out?? Really?

That is more believable than Willie's back being against the wall, sharks circling and him basically deciding he'd better try something different?

I'm warming up to him, and more to the staff as a whole.. and no I don't want him fired. But that doesn't erase 2 piss poor seasons to me. They come out and go 4-7 next year, I don't want to hear any excuses.. he's gone. That said, the guy has finally adapted, they are winning, which makes me happy, and hey, better late than never. But the last 7 games don't quite erase from our minds the first 28. We aren't calling for the guys head, we're just questioning, that if this is all Tags and his beautiful mind as some on here are suggesting, and if so, why he waited 28 games into his tenure to break that style out. 

Honestly in the end I don't really care who's calling the plays, as long as Tags has the good sense to NEVER go back to his old system. 

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Another personal attack from a TB ignorami member.  Why am I not surprised.

I'm so sorry if I offended you sir.  I meant no disrespect.  I hope you don't call me an ignorami again as that would be a surprising personal attack from you.  We ain't too smart up here in Cackalackey so these things don't always "make sense".

• Upvote 3

So... For 2 1/2 years the offense sucked donkey azz.. and QF goes "coach- TRUST ME!" and all of the sudden a Rocky montage breaks out?? Really?

That is more believable than Willie's back being against the wall, sharks circling and him basically deciding he'd better try something different?

I'm warming up to him, and more to the staff as a whole.. and no I don't want him fired. But that doesn't erase 2 piss poor seasons to me. They come out and go 4-7 next year, I don't want to hear any excuses.. he's gone. That said, the guy has finally adapted, they are winning, which makes me happy, and hey, better late than never. But the last 7 games don't quite erase from our minds the first 28. We aren't calling for the guys head, we're just questioning, that if this is all Tags and his beautiful mind as some on here are suggesting, and if so, why he waited 28 games into his tenure to break that style out. 

Very well said cambodia36!!  I feel exactly the same at this point in time.  He did have one foot out the door and the last two games is his Phoenix moment.  On a personal level, I hope he can maintain the short success he's had this season and carry it over into next season, when I would gladly agree that an extension would be warranted.  Simple common sense decisions that no one could reasonably argue against.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

100% HB. That they are back on track, yeah I'm willing to gloss over the past 2 seasons. A good finish to this season and a good start to next, yeah Willie let's sit down and iron out a long term deal, absolutely. I do want to see how he and this team perform when they could likely be the trendy pick to win the conference next year. (If you asked me today, I'd say USF is my pick)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Do you really think CWT gave more than a passing thought to the question by JK? He basically laughed it off and moved on .... the only place there is any discussion on this is here ... and that's because the team's success has cut down on the fodder for the CWT ***** and moaners and they're grasping at straws.

• Upvote 2