• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

On this point, Collin from 247 had a tweet yesterday showing that this team had the 3rd biggest midseason turnaround in history when looking at one of the statistical metrics measuring overall team performance. The 2011 WKU team also appeared on that list at #15.  That was CWT's second season there. 

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/Matt-Morrison-on-USFs-Historic-Turnaround-41405546

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That was pure speculation on this board. I'm so tired of people dealing in these rumors as truth because some former player said that some former team rep said that the water boy overheard the AD tell Taggart to do this or that.

Taggart hired guys recommended by Harbaughs to run a Harbaugh system. It failed. He realized it, fired them both and hired guys that he felt he needed to energize the program. He no longer wanted old, retread tired coaches but younger energetic guys. He also retooled the offense to be more like his high school mentor and less like Harbaughs.

This nonsense that Harlan told him to hire certain guys and then they took over play calling magically at half time of the syracuse game is beyond ridiculous.

Believe what you want to believe then. I'll stand by what I know. The conversation below is what I'm referring to in my posts earlier (names redacted to keep messages private). Also, on October 31st at the USNA game, a current player's dad (offensive lineman) discussed the switch as well with me when we were discussing the ebb and flow of the Navy-USF game versus the Maryland-USF game (in which we sat next to each other very disgruntled with our performance).

Former Offensive Player #1: I would say yes only because he is allowing his coaches to coach like OC and DC without interfering... before it was mostly Willie T calling all the shots; but i feel like he is trusting his staff more and its been seen in there style of play... Like · Reply 
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

Believe what you want to believe then. I'll stand by what I know. The conversation below is what I'm referring to in my posts earlier (names redacted to keep messages private). Also, on October 31st at the USNA game, a current player's dad (offensive lineman) discussed the switch as well with me when we were discussing the ebb and flow of the Navy-USF game versus the Maryland-USF game (in which we sat next to each other very disgruntled with our performance).

Former Offensive Player #1: I would say yes only because he is allowing his coaches to coach like OC and DC without interfering... before it was mostly Willie T calling all the shots; but i feel like he is trusting his staff more and its been seen in there style of play... Like · Reply 

These insiders are speculating by their own accounts.   In fact they don't even agree with each other. 

They sound no more knowledgeable than people around here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

These insiders are speculating by their own accounts.   In fact they don't even agree with each other. 

They sound no more knowledgeable than people around here. 

Besides, he left their names in his copy/paste. So if you wanted to know who he's talking about, its all there for you. just highlight their "names" and look at the FB links.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

Besides, he left their names in his copy/paste. So if you wanted to know who he's talking about, its all there for you. just highlight their "names" and look at the FB links.

lol, oops.  Offensive player #2 played defense I thought?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

lol, oops.  Offensive player #2 played defense I thought?

Admittedly, before my time. I don't recognize the names. FYI, you can also see whatever group this is supposed to be, as he directly copied those links as well. Whether its closed or not, I don't know.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Sharing too much,  I think it's all hearsay. 

Don't put these former players on blast. You are breaking the circle of trust.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

Plus the truth is obviously that Flowers told Taggart to believe in him, then Willie decided it was time to start winning. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470

Admittedly, before my time. I don't recognize the names. FYI, you can also see whatever group this is supposed to be, as he directly copied those links as well. Whether its closed or not, I don't know.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  But, mostly, old.