• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Do you really think CWT gave more than a passing thought to the question by JK? He basically laughed it off and moved on .... the only place there is any discussion on this is here ... and that's because the team's success has cut down on the fodder for the CWT ***** and moaners and they're grasping at straws.

The best part in all of this is that these so called insider experts don't realize that the only two major play calling changes have been throwing more on early downs and a few trick plays mixed in. They love to pretend we're running a completely new offense rather than just minor tweaking of our offensive tendencies. The biggest difference in this offense has been receivers catching the ball more consistently and Flowers getting comfortable and being more accurate. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

So... For 2 1/2 years the offense sucked donkey azz.. and QF goes "coach- TRUST ME!" and all of the sudden a Rocky montage breaks out?? Really?

That is more believable than Willie's back being against the wall, sharks circling and him basically deciding he'd better try something different?

I'm warming up to him, and more to the staff as a whole.. and no I don't want him fired. But that doesn't erase 2 piss poor seasons to me. They come out and go 4-7 next year, I don't want to hear any excuses.. he's gone. That said, the guy has finally adapted, they are winning, which makes me happy, and hey, better late than never. But the last 7 games don't quite erase from our minds the first 28. We aren't calling for the guys head, we're just questioning, that if this is all Tags and his beautiful mind as some on here are suggesting, and if so, why he waited 28 games into his tenure to break that style out. 

Honestly in the end I don't really care who's calling the plays, as long as Tags has the good sense to NEVER go back to his old system. 

I mean hey... lets be straight.  It's almost as if you're magically forgetting what happened the two years prior to his arrival an the team he inherited.  He made do and got better every season.  We were trending down, he got a team coming off an ugly 3-9 year with Bobby and Matt returning as QB... I'd say that had something to do with it.  What he's done with this team is remarkable and the fact that guys still have sour grapes because they find themselves eating a serious amount of crow is hilarious.  We're actually having one of our best seasons as a FBS team and you're still thinking of some magical year that never was.  I mean we've never been in this position.  I'm not sure what more the guy can do.  He built back up a crappy program he got from a crappy AD.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Right now we are seeing some of the best coaching we've ever seen at USF.  That's just the truth.... CJL was a great motivator, but the playbook, play calling, and discipline were all a little meeeeh... 

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

This thread is not based in reality.  To anyone who did not have to live through it CWT is nothing short of impressive.  Yes, it sucks to lose to McNeese St but that just adds to the narrative the CWT took over a dumpster fire and turned around a team and program on life support.  This was a classic turn around.

The question Harlan is faced with is "what will he do about it?"  Will he be aggressive and pony up, or start all over with a new coach.  The new coach will be handed the reigns of talented program that expects to win.  We have all seen that that does not always lead to good things - but that doesn't mean it won't this time.

I say all this because Willie is getting a lot of positive press.  In the next year, CWT is going to be offered the next dumpster fire to take over (and a boatload of money) and he will have to decide whether he wants to stay here and continue what he started or move on.

I, for one, would like him to stay and I think Harlan should be proactive and offer him an extension in good faith now -  not when the wolves are at the door, not when it is obvious that he is the next Newt Rockne and any fool can see he can coach.

This will be an interesting time to see, not only how good a football coach we have but just how good an AD we have as well.  

Edited by mark_my_words
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

5 games ago people wanted him to be tarred and feathered.

He'll get an extension, but let's not start claiming he's Saban just yet

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

5 games ago people wanted him to be tarred and feathered.

He'll get an extension, but let's not start claiming he's Saban just yet

Crazy thing is, it's possible. He recruited these great athletes while I'm charged of a dumpster fire. What will he do when we're hot?!?! Florida athletes, nationally televised games, and a chance to knock off FSU and the likes. Who's got it better than us? This team can dominate this conference and the press, just like Memphis, Houston, Navy, and Temple did the majority of this year. If we build on our success the sky's the limit for real. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Beat UCF for #1.  Make sense?

Has to be the one time in history of TBP that someone calling for a win against UCF gets down voted.  The ignorance is strong on this site and why I seldom visit anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So you're worried CWT is a bad enough coach to worry about proving fans wrong?  LOL what more does this guy have to do?! 

I scare easily :-)  Of course I don't think he'd change something based on fans, but I see reporters asking him, and he seemed put off by the question.

Again, I'm sure he's focused on keeping the success going by only fine turning the team from game to game.  As I've posted before, I don't believe Taggart became a great coach overnight, but I do believe there was a radical change (not sure if it was Taggart cutting loose to save his job, players finally clicking together or what)...and as HC, Willie gets the heat when we lose, and the credit when we win.  Frankly, this is the most fun Bulls team to watch since the Grothe & early BJ years.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Another personal attack from a TB ignorami member.  Why am I not surprised.

Always hated the term ignorami. The 10th-grade Latin student in me cringes every time I see it.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Do you really think CWT gave more than a passing thought to the question by JK? He basically laughed it off and moved on .... the only place there is any discussion on this is here ... and that's because the team's success has cut down on the fodder for the CWT ***** and moaners and they're grasping at straws.

I didn't watch the interview, or know who asked the question.  Joe Knight annoys me sometimes, especially when he asked Harlan if CWT was off the hot seat after an emotional win over Temple.  I found that to be an obvious answer to a question that didn't need to be asked...and in my view, shouldn't have been.  Not because he doesn't have the right to ask any question...but because of the timing, and that it was clear what Harlan's answer was.