• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF better get Willie to sign an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

It wasn't that tough. He is a very good recruiter. Everyone could see that. He was also willing to change things that weren't working as was evidenced by retooling his offense and changing coaches that didn't work. I said myself that i thought he was too conservative in his play calling and that seems to have changed now too. Rebuilds take time.

My point was that there are people on here that will never give any credit to Taggart. They are happy we are winning but they try to convince themselves that it is in spite of him not because of him.

Conspiracy-1.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm not close enough to the program to know if what some speculate is true:  that Harlan pushed Taggart to revise his offensive scheme.  I do believe Taggart is an excellent recruiter, and I'm am hopeful that this strong finish (our best season ending turnaround) will help him fill out the class with some special players, which should in turn lead to better, deeper teams.

Again, there's so much I don't know behind the scenes.  But Taggart does, and his attitude is very positive...and Bullish on the future.  We're 2 games away from playing the AAC conference champ game...that would be just amazing.

Looking forward tonight to see how we play UCF, a team with nothing to lose, playing its bowl game v USF, hoping to end on a high note.  UCF has talent & will go all out.  Taggart should expect every kick off from UCF to be on sides, and every kick to be a fake.  We can't let them trick us, but frankly, if our offense plays even close to its game, we should be comfortably ahead at the half.

That was pure speculation on this board. I'm so tired of people dealing in these rumors as truth because some former player said that some former team rep said that the water boy overheard the AD tell Taggart to do this or that.

Taggart hired guys recommended by Harbaughs to run a Harbaugh system. It failed. He realized it, fired them both and hired guys that he felt he needed to energize the program. He no longer wanted old, retread tired coaches but younger energetic guys. He also retooled the offense to be more like his high school mentor and less like Harbaughs.

This nonsense that Harlan told him to hire certain guys and then they took over play calling magically at half time of the syracuse game is beyond ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Conspiracy-1.jpg

you mean conspiracy theories like Hope taking over play calling at the half of Syracuse? Or that Harlan made Taggart fire Harbaugh's guys and then hire Hope and Allen?

I deal in facts. Unfortunately some on here don't

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can we lock this thread yet?  Please!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

As I've posted before, I don't believe Taggart became a great coach overnight, but I do believe there was a radical change (not sure if it was Taggart cutting loose to save his job, players finally clicking together or what)...

On this point, Collin from 247 had a tweet yesterday showing that this team had the 3rd biggest midseason turnaround in history when looking at one of the statistical metrics measuring overall team performance. The 2011 WKU team also appeared on that list at #15.  That was CWT's second season there. 

On this point, Collin from 247 had a tweet yesterday showing that this team had the 3rd biggest midseason turnaround in history when looking at one of the statistical metrics measuring overall team performance. The 2011 WKU team also appeared on that list at #15.  That was CWT's second season there. 

That WKU team started 0-4 and finished 7-1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

win out the rest of the season then give him the deserved 3 year extension.. win the conference title then extended a little longer

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

That was pure speculation on this board. I'm so tired of people dealing in these rumors as truth because some former player said that some former team rep said that the water boy overheard the AD tell Taggart to do this or that.

Taggart hired guys recommended by Harbaughs to run a Harbaugh system. It failed. He realized it, fired them both and hired guys that he felt he needed to energize the program. He no longer wanted old, retread tired coaches but younger energetic guys. He also retooled the offense to be more like his high school mentor and less like Harbaughs.

This nonsense that Harlan told him to hire certain guys and then they took over play calling magically at half time of the syracuse game is beyond ridiculous.

Taggart deserves all the credit for bringing in guys he believed in to retool the offense. Looks like he was right about them, and now the team has the most explosive offense we've seen at USF based on the last 7 games.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

+1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

+1