• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love Asiantii's approach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

There are a few scenarios in which AW will see the field

1) Injury to QF

2) We are up so much, or down so much, that it doesn't matter

3) QF plays so badly that CWT opens up the quarterback position during the week and AW wins out (which I really, really hope doesn't happen).

QF has the job locked down to be starting QB in the season opener. You don't unseat a guy after the year he is having. Now that being said, if AW somehow starts a game, I hope he kills it, because he does have a year of eligibility after Flowers is gone.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077

Flowers is the QB...if AW blows people away and takes the job from him then AW will truly be a stud.  I also think Taggart should have an offense with AW and QF playing in the same backfield.  Imagine how tough it would be to prepare for a team that has 2 passers in the same backfield all the time.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Our offense is designed around QF running the ball. AW can't do that as well it could be a problem for him. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,077

Our offense is designed around QF running the ball. AW can't do that as well it could be a problem for him. 

QF runs so much because he can't throw from the pocket...AW would be a much better pocket passer, but I don't know if that will be enough to unseat QF.  If we can consistently win with QF running and improvising in the pass game then there is no reason to change.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Love AWs attitude.  

Dislike too many of these responses 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Throwing balls in 7 on 7 is just a little bit different than a real football game. Flowers will have a full year and a half of experience over AW. Remember AW has never played a college game. At this point it pretty foolish for anyone to name him the starter NEXT YEAR.

Isn't it just as foolish to say he won't be by that same measure?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

This is not a knock on QF but no one knows how good our offense can REAALLY be if we get a great passer under center. Would it be possible that our run game would go through the roof with Marlon Mack? I personally think he is a future top 2 rounder. And he is only gonna get better.

Plus QF runs a lot which creates a LOT of opportunities to get hurt.  I think the best man will play. Not just QB but leader. 

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Seriously ... Barring some totally unforeseen accident where Flowers can't use his arm, he will be our QB in 2016.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I don't see any way QF isn't the QB to start next season unless there's some brutal injury sometime between now and then that keeps him from playing. At this point he's accounted for over 2400 yards and 22 touchdowns against just 7 turnovers. The kid is a gamer and, more importantly, the known commodity. You don't take that kid off the field in favor of someone who we don't know how he will react when he gets meaningful snaps.

I can see CWT giving AW a shot to compete, but I don't think there's any way he gets meaningful snaps next year unless QF gets hurt.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Even when we have a solid starting QB some of you guys still want the backup. I guess its the USF thing to do...

• Upvote 2