• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love Asiantii's approach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

QF shifts to lock-down db, AW/Mack commanding the back field. right?

really though, QF performance in the next two games should be a true indicator of his development, now that the squad is operating from a confident plane.  

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Schedule is lining up extremely well. Yeah, we're losing some players, but we have three good games next season before we face off against FSU.

Towson is a good FCS opponent, and  NIU is a top 4 MAC team. Plus we get a weak P5 in Syracuse. Win those three and I think you have a good shot at getting ranked, plus I don't care how good FSU is, our players will be confident and amped up for that game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Shouldn't that be "at best a four loss team"?

Not with that attitude.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Yep.  I have to say though, he'll most likely be riding the pines next year though.  

If QF gets this team to AAC championship game, there's no way he's not the starting QB next year.  

If AW has better spring and fall camp, you can bet your bottom dollar he will start. Coach will just let it be known, don't f up or your job is gone.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Throwing balls in 7 on 7 is just a little bit different than a real football game. Flowers will have a full year and a half of experience over AW. Remember AW has never played a college game. At this point it pretty foolish for anyone to name him the starter NEXT YEAR.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

If AW has better spring and fall camp, you can bet your bottom dollar he will start. Coach will just let it be known, don't f up or your job is gone.

You don't replace an established gamer like Flowers with an unknown that has never played a down.

Guys - think about what you are saying.  Flowers is our guy, and we should all be thrilled about that.  Sure they will go through the motions but you don'y unseat a starter of QF's quality based on practice.  

Believe me now or believe me later.  I thought the football IQ was a little higher around here.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

You don't replace an established gamer like Flowers with an unknown that has never played a down.

Guys - think about what you are saying.  Flowers is our guy, and we should all be thrilled about that.  Sure they will go through the motions but you don'y unseat a starter of QF's quality based on practice.  

Believe me now or believe me later.  I thought the football IQ was a little higher around here.

QFT

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

That stopped being relevant the moment he signed his LOI and stepped foot on the UCLA campus. The kid has never produced at a high level on the high school fields do never played in a game at UCLA or even made an impact in a spring game. How about we see if the kid can do anything in game situations and not just 7 on 7 before we anoint him anything? You can be darn sure Flowers is going to be busting his ass this off season to get better as a passer and QB and Woulard is going to have an up Hill battle if he expects to start. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am not sure I have ever seen a college QB improve so much from game 1 to game 10 like QF has. Still has room to get better. Maybe we give him the next 2 games and the spring before we call for the next guy.

But yes, I think his attitude that USF should be winning a lot is the right one.

Edited by SANJAY
  • Upvote 2