• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Gotta love Asiantii's approach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Days Won:  6

This is not a knock on QF but no one knows how good our offense can REAALLY be if we get a great passer under center. Would it be possible that our run game would go through the roof with Marlon Mack? I personally think he is a future top 2 rounder. And he is only gonna get better.

Plus QF runs a lot which creates a LOT of opportunities to get hurt.  I think the best man will play. Not just QB but leader. 

Isn't it just as foolish to say he won't be by that same measure?

I love AW's attitude, I think they should compete in the spring and I love the idea of having some depth finally at that position.  

Taggart will talk about competition all off season I am sure.

That being said, I think some of you guys have gotten it into your head over the summer that AW is some kind of savior and that was confirmed by QF's struggles earlier in the year.  

The situation has changed my friends.  QF is a team leader out there and gets better every game.  He has his faults that we can all enumerate but I assure you, so does AW.  AW may throw a pretty ball but stink at making his progressions.  He may fumble a lot or throw ints at key moments in games.  You really have no idea about him other than he had  nice 7 on 7 a few years ago.

If we were in the same situation as we were at the end of last year I would be all about AW. In fact I was in complete agreement with you guys until maybe the Maryland game.  

I know you saw that TD pass to Mack where he could have run for a nice gain but instead kept the play alive and found a guy downfield.  Did you care if the pass was pretty?  That play was special.  QF is a stud.  It took him some time to get rolling but he is dangerous.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Isn't it just as foolish to say he won't be by that same measure?

No, I don't think so. We have a proven winner at in QF. We only have potential in AW, who's already had two years of trying to prove he's ready. I'm not saying he won't be the one. I am saying that RIGHT NOW it's foolish to think that he will be.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No, I don't think so. We have a proven winner at in QF. We only have potential in AW, who's already had two years of trying to prove he's ready. I'm not saying he won't be the one. I am saying that RIGHT NOW it's foolish to think that he will be.

I agree that QF has looked great this year, but I can't say he is definitely better than AW and will be the starter next year. Also, big difference in trying to beat out QF your junior year and Brett Hundley (statistically, UCLA's best QB ever) when you're a true freshman. AW may very well be a total bust, but declaring him so because he wasn't better than an NFL QB as a freshman is a bit of a tough benchmark.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

I agree that QF has looked great this year, but I can't say he is definitely better than AW and will be the starter next year. Also, big difference in trying to beat out QF your junior year and Brett Hundley (statistically, UCLA's best QB ever) when you're a true freshman. AW may very well be a total bust, but declaring him so because he wasn't better than an NFL QB as a freshman is a bit of a tough benchmark.

Never said he was, or would be a bust. I said anointing him the starter for next season with the season QF is having is foolish.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is just my opinion, but let's put it this way.  QF will have at least 14 games in the Taggart offense after this year.  He will probably have won at least half of those, if not more.  Flowers is the definition of an established player and leader at his position.  

Woulard will have had zero games in the Taggart offense going into 2016.  He has ZERO games in ANY offense going into 2016.  

There's this little thing called an educated guess that I'm employing where I'm saying that Flowers' arm will probably have to be hanging by a tendon going into September 2016 for him not to be USF's starting QB.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

I am not sure I have ever seen a college QB improve so much from game 1 to game 10 like QF has. Still has room to get better. Maybe we give him the next 2 games and the spring before we call for the next guy.

But yes, I think his attitude that USF should be winning a lot is the right one.

I don't think people are calling for the next guy.  AW showed a lot during practice this summer.  And, although it is pure conjecture, many people thought he would have started this season had he been eligible.  He looked that good.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Never said he was, or would be a bust. I said anointing him the starter for next season with the season QF is having is foolish.

But you did say AW has had two years of trying to prove he's ready and couldn't do it at UCLA. I don't think his inability to show he was better than Hundley there has any bearing on what he will or will not do at USF. I would love for AW to live up to every ounce of his potential and QF beat him out. It's a fantastic problem to have. I think if the competition is even close, it should go to QF based on his past performance. I do not believe that you can declare QF the unquestioned starter for 2016 baed on not seeing AW play.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

Even when we have a solid starting QB some of you guys still want the backup. I guess its the USF thing to do...

It's what a lot of fanbases do. The backup qb is usually one of the most favorite players on the team.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You don't replace an established gamer like Flowers with an unknown that has never played a down.

Guys - think about what you are saying.  Flowers is our guy, and we should all be thrilled about that.  Sure they will go through the motions but you don'y unseat a starter of QF's quality based on practice.  

Believe me now or believe me later.  I thought the football IQ was a little higher around here.

AW is a better passer by all accounts. He also is a very capable runner. If he gives us another dimension via the passing game that Flowers hasn't progressed on, he will get a very serious look. Whoever wins in camp, wins the job.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Aw, you didn't like the truth so you down vote my post? Nice. Games are won in practice, and if AW proves to the coaches he gives them something more than Flowers, he will get playtime. He might not take over completely, but he will get snaps. Only a fool would believe Flowers is locked in as the starter, when we have one of the top recruits in our teams entire history waiting for a chance to prove he is better. Spring and Fall competition will be very heated.