• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm not sure I understand.

Is this directed at those posters who somehow see Bench as a much better option when there is no clear evidence?

People see what they want to see and that includes the loonies in here that think there is some conspiracy to keep Bench off the field.

nothing about a career 45% completion rate after 164 pass attempts with a QB rating below 100 says starter material as a senior.

Nah.  He's saying that people that think Bench is better are no different than people (like you) that are convinced that Flowers is better.  Everyone has their opinion.  Everyone tries to change the opinion of those that don't agree with them.  No one will be successful.  His is completely right about this, of course.

What Bourbon Bull is leaving out of his argument is twofold.  

1.  There is the possibility that one group or the other will be able to crow about how right they were.  I think the much more likely scenario is that we will continue with two QBs throughout the season and neither will really prove much.  It won't be until next year when AW gets on the field that the QB controversy will be settled and everyone will agree we have a quality QB.

2.  We are all bored out of our minds waiting for the season to start, and this can be entertaining.  It's all in good fun, as long as we are attacking arguments and not impugning the character of our fellow posters.

I'm not convinced Flowers is better. I do believe if you are going to run the Qb more then he is more effective. I said previously that if we get behind and need to pass then they should bring in Bench but right now Flowers is a better runner than Bench is a passer. I think both will play a lot this year and i will be behind whoever is on the field.

I find the whole conspiracy thing to be absolutely moronic though.

I don't think they'll share anywhere near equal time.   I actually think Flowers is better than Bench.  He's better than Bench was as a soph and is already ahead of him and Bench is a senior.  Nothing against Bench, this offense is suited specifically for Flowers skill set and in this offense, he has shown the coaches he's a better for what this offense wants to do.  People keep arguing about what the QBs do best vs what this offense needs the QBs to do best.  The writing was on the wall when they announced they were switching offenses.  

I didn't say it will be equal time.

Flowers is still only a true sophomore. There will be bumps in the road for sure. I'm glad we have an experienced back-up in Bench.

Injuries, blowouts, ineffective play, etc.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I just hope Flowers scrawny self doesn't get hurt too bad. Dude can't weigh but 200. You know those linebackers are going to tee him up and hit him hard

Uh it (USF Roster) says he weighs 217 and if you watch his high school film he was trucking people

He could still get t'd up, but he's got a heckuva lot better chance to evade than our other QBs, and he's got RB legs. Not going to take him down easily in most cases.

Yup, I was going to write exactly what you said. He's built more like a RB than a QB, so he should be ok. I was surprised the coaches names the starting QB before we found out about Woulards waiver. I guess it's because the season is right around the corner and we need to concentrate on the sure thing.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So much for being respectful of what others on the board.  

This thread turned pretty epic, but to me, this was the funniest part.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I just hope Flowers scrawny self doesn't get hurt too bad. Dude can't weigh but 200. You know those linebackers are going to tee him up and hit him hard

Uh it (USF Roster) says he weighs 217 and if you watch his high school film he was trucking people
I didn't think he was that thick. Reports from folks watching practices said he looked small. 6 foot and 220 is pretty good.

The difference in 10 lbs under pads is unnoticeable. The difference in height between QF, Bench, and AW is very noticeable. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Flowers looks noticeably smaller to me.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

Uh it (USF Roster) says he weighs 217 and if you watch his high school film he was trucking people
I didn't think he was that thick. Reports from folks watching practices said he looked small. 6 foot and 220 is pretty good.

The difference in 10 lbs under pads is unnoticeable. The difference in height between QF, Bench, and AW is very noticeable.

So 6'-0" vs 6'-2" vs 6'-3". Some would say that an extra 2" doesn't really matter. (insert poster's name here) old lady ain't one of them however!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

mdr-ordi.gif Trip is just Mr Opposite.

Bizarro Trip works ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So 6'-0" vs 6'-2" vs 6'-3". Some would say that an extra 2" doesn't really matter. (insert poster's name here) old lady ain't one of them however!!!!!

Not a chance on Earth QF is 6' tall. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Can someone tell me how, if possible, to post a pdf file or link to a pdf file.

For future reference, one way is if the pdf is on a website, you can right click on it and choose "Copy Link Location" (Firefox) and then paste that in a post.

What if the pdf is on my computer?  Any way?

Click "more reply options". This will allow you to upload the file.

Where exactly is that located?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

Can someone tell me how, if possible, to post a pdf file or link to a pdf file.

For future reference, one way is if the pdf is on a website, you can right click on it and choose "Copy Link Location" (Firefox) and then paste that in a post.

What if the pdf is on my computer? Any way?

Click "more reply options". This will allow you to upload the file.

Where exactly is that located?

Really?? Scroll down under the Quote level to just the "reply" section. The button to the right of "post" is "more reply options" Edited by Sellular1