• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

In all honesty... he did make it seem that way.

He did ... and honestly, maybe he didn't mean it that way but it was the way it sounded and he never clarified it... although I do completely understand him not wanting to jump back into this buffoonery to bother with it..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You call it bias because it fits your narrative.  Maybe, he just sees something in Flowers that is, "special"

I sincerely doubt that CWT is the first coach to ever call a freshman "real special" so that's not a big deal at all .... The big deal would be, and this is the way the post read, if the Q&A at Beef's went like this:

Bulls fan: "Coach, Bench banged up his knee last year. Is it fully healed?

CWT: "Have you all seen Quinton play? He's real special".

Bulls fan: " Uh, okay. Has Mike bulked up any since his freshman year?"

CWT: Have I mentioned Flowers yet? He's going to be real special."

Really?  That isn't close to what the poster said.

Are you sure you are a moderator here?  You pick your nose at me, call another poster a liar and now completely misrepresent what he posted.

Apis, Trip has lost his marbles, can you help him get a grip?

Actually, what I got out of it was a lot more like:  

Nobull:  Hey coach, who is going to start White or Bench?

Coach:  That Flowers kid is really special

If that's how it happened, it would be funny in a sense.  I'd think it was a subconscious admission of the state of the qbs as he saw it at that time....   

But still, I think what you said implies the same thing that trip said... he just added lines and details... but basically the same implication.

Not even close.  Trip's interpretation makes it sound like Taggart over and over again ignored the question to pump Flowers.  That is unrealistic.  The poster said he asked about White and Bench and got a response about Flowers.  My interpretation sounds a lot closer to what was presented, and isn't at all absurd, but would show a bias towards QF.

Trip's argument really isn't logical anyway.  Trip is arguing that Taggart is an almost inhuman paragon of fair play and rigidly adheres to objective criteria and doesn't ever look at a player and imagine what could be.   

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He did ... and honestly, maybe he didn't mean it that way but it was the way it sounded and he never clarified it... although I do completely understand him not wanting to jump back into this buffoonery to bother with it..

Yeah, after being called a liar I wouldn't want to jump back into it either.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Lol I think I help instigate some of this mess and I jumped ship a couple pages ago ;-)

I do need to watch that highlight clip still...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Lol I think I help instigate some of this mess and I jumped ship a couple pages ago ;-)

You certainly are the gift that keeps on giving ....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

You call it bias because it fits your narrative.  Maybe, he just sees something in Flowers that is, "special"

I sincerely doubt that CWT is the first coach to ever call a freshman "real special" so that's not a big deal at all .... The big deal would be, and this is the way the post read, if the Q&A at Beef's went like this:

Bulls fan: "Coach, Bench banged up his knee last year. Is it fully healed?

CWT: "Have you all seen Quinton play? He's real special".

Bulls fan: " Uh, okay. Has Mike bulked up any since his freshman year?"

CWT: Have I mentioned Flowers yet? He's going to be real special."

Really?  That isn't close to what the poster said.

Are you sure you are a moderator here?  You pick your nose at me, call another poster a liar and now completely misrepresent what he posted.

Apis, Trip has lost his marbles, can you help him get a grip?

Actually, what I got out of it was a lot more like:  

Nobull:  Hey coach, who is going to start White or Bench?

Coach:  That Flowers kid is really special

If that's how it happened, it would be funny in a sense.  I'd think it was a subconscious admission of the state of the qbs as he saw it at that time....   

But still, I think what you said implies the same thing that trip said... he just added lines and details... but basically the same implication.

Not even close.  Trip's interpretation makes it sound like Taggart over and over again ignored the question to pump Flowers.  That is unrealistic.  The poster said he asked about White and Bench and got a response about Flowers.  My interpretation sounds a lot closer to what was presented, and isn't at all absurd, but would show a bias towards QF.

Trip's argument really isn't logical anyway.  Trip is arguing that Taggart is an almost inhuman paragon of fair play and rigidly adheres to objective criteria and doesn't ever look at a player and imagine what could be.   

I think he was being purposely overboard with that.  Exaggerating a bit for effect.  

But text is open to the mood of the reader.  So the tone a person sets to it can determine how they read it... also the individual's bias... 

You certainly are the gift that keeps on giving ....

I feel good that I could provide some entertainment to fill the gap B-)

Found this on Youtube. It's highlights from the USF vs. SMU game last year where QF started.

I like what I see from Quinton. I'm happy wish this decision. He made some good throws out there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_varBewPpTE

I'd forgotten how many QF passes were just a bit off (e.g. just out of bounds catches), how many crippling penalties and some key turnovers we suffered. Yes, White, Johnson & Davis stepped up big (as did the D)...but QF showed some elusiveness and decent short game.

Feeling a little better, especially given most say he's much improved. Not giddy, but optimistic.

While the highlights were not bad, there where a lot of plays that went horribly bad that game not shown in the highlights. SMU was one of the worse Ds in the country and the fact that we had to rely on an injuried White to pull out the win in less than a quater of football, for a game that we should have rolled, was a terribly frustrating decision by CWT last year.

Anyhow I dont think QF was setup to succeed that game or really at all last season. I think things could be different this year for him since he has had an entire off-season to learn the new offense that is more familiar to him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like Coach T already changed the offense to fit Q Flowers. Other than maybe having 3 WR sets I dont see where the offense will be vastly different for Q Flowers than what we saw in SMU game. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Looks like Coach T already changed the offense to fit Q Flowers. Other than maybe having 3 WR sets I dont see where the offense will be vastly different for Q Flowers than what we saw in SMU game. 

I think that a year of scheming and practice will make a difference. Just because they installed some looks to play into QF's skill set doesn't mean that those plays were properly executed by the players in the game. I think everyone just needs to take a deep breath and see what happens. If QF is not the answer at all, we will know by the end of week 4. I think even the most optimistic among us hope to be 2-2 after the first four, so even if we are 1-3, all is not lost.