• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I will say after watching the highlights from the SMU game I'm not worried at all especially when he is said to be better than that now. People are acting like we said Bobby Eveld is our starting quarterback or something.

Hey don't knock Bobby. He exceeded his non existent expectations and he beat Miami. Bobby has earned his place in USF history. :yeahbaby:

For his sake, I just wish the Miami game had been the last game he played.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't know about you guys, but I think CWT hates Bench.  

More or less than Holtz hated recruiting for USF?

Can't wait to find this post next year when Asianti Woulard leads USF to its first bowl game in years.

Anyone who's anyone knows that AW was never going to sign with us out of high school, so you can't use him as an example for Holtz. It's a fact that Holtz hated recruiting and went golfing instead of evaluating players every single chance he got.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I don't consider myself a tin foil hat guy, heck I am a scientist by trade and its my job to think critically. As I have stated before, in the past CWT has kept SB off the field when it was clear he was the better option and he has never answered questions as to why. This is why many of us believe something doesnt add up...no conspiracies just taking the facts into account. I want CWT to work out bc I believe what he had done recruiting wise is nothing short of amazing. It needs to show on the field though otherwise he is no head coach.

How is this clear?  If you're a scientist and experienced in critical thinking, you would think you'd want to look at the data...

Mike White 122-242 50.4% 8 TD 7 INT 112.4 rating

Steven Bench 49-100 49.0% 3 TD 2 INT 106.2 rating

The whole anti-Bench conspiracy thing is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board, and there are a great many to choose from.

Yeah, but you are missing a bunch of critical data.  Most of it being that White got many more practice reps the times he was on the field while in a few of Bench's "opportunities" he was thrust into the job after getting few reps all week in practice.  

But you will believe what you want to believe.  The fact that Taggart pushed a very obviously overmatched and unprepared QF onto the field last years speaks volumes about his love affair with QF "potential" vs his Taggart's ability to be objective.

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Can't wait to find this post next year when Asianti Woulard leads USF to its first bowl game in years.

Anyone who's anyone knows that AW was never going to sign with us out of high school, so you can't use him as an example for Holtz. It's a fact that Holtz hated recruiting and went golfing instead of evaluating players every single chance he got.

Yes, one day that USF assistant coaches were out recruiting Holtz went to a charity golf event.  Of course, head coaches are not allowed to leave campus nearly as much as assistant coaches.  And no coach should ever have a few hours off.  Everyone on this board works 24/7, clearly identified by the number of posts on this board.  No one every does anything but work feaversihly at their job.

I was always amazed at how much criticism Holtz got for attending one golf outing.  Haters gonna hate.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

Saying Taggart is simply wrong on his evaluation of Flowers is way, way different from saying that the only reason Bench isn't on the field is because of some kind of conspiracy or personal grudge (which implies that everyone - including Taggart - agrees that Bench is better but they still don't play him... you know, just because).

The former is something a rational person might argue. The latter is not.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

"The final 20 minutes of Wednesday's practice (the only portion open to reporters) included new starting QB Quinton Flowers finding Rodney Adams down the right side in single coverage for a 40-yard TD."

Promising... 

Also, those SMU highlights... they actually showed some pretty nice passes.  This kid can throw.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I can't wait to find this post when we make a bowl this season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Saying Taggart is simply wrong on his evaluation of Flowers is way, way different from saying that the only reason Bench isn't on the field is because of some kind of conspiracy or personal grudge (which implies that everyone - including Taggart - agrees that Bench is better but they still don't play him... you know, just because).

The former is something a rational person might argue. The latter is not.

Ok so I get it in your opinion of me, even though you don't know me is I am irrational.

I hope Flowers proves me wrong. If so, great. I am for the team & those that know me know I am a die-hard Bull's fan.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I will say after watching the highlights from the SMU game I'm not worried at all especially when he is said to be better than that now. People are acting like we said Bobby Eveld is our starting quarterback or something.

Thank god! It appears that Flowers can actually field a snap and I hope he shows us what the "V" Formation looks like many times over this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,611
  • Days Won:  424

So his only response to questions about SB and MW was QF was "real special" ... That would certainly be proof .......... if that's how it really went down.