• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You call it bias because it fits your narrative.  Maybe, he just sees something in Flowers that is, "special"

I see your point, but it is still a bias to believe an intangible that is not quantifiable.  Isn't that essentially the definition of bias?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

So his only response to questions about SB and MW was QF was "real special" ... That would certainly be proof .......... if that's how it really went down.

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating.  This thread gets better and better.

I'll go with misremembering ... and you know **** well if you weren't just trying to keep this **** stirred up, you'd acknowledge how absurd what he's alleging is.

So now what he is saying is absurd?  So much for being respectful of what others on the board.  

I don't know Taggart.  I don't have the slightest idea whether this story is true or not.  I'm not sure how you are so sure?  Is Taggart your father, son, or brother?  Are you on the football staff?

Short of that kind of inside knowledge, you making such a bold and authoritative statement about two people you don't know is what is absurd.

:noseMax:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

You call it bias because it fits your narrative.  Maybe, he just sees something in Flowers that is, "special"

I sincerely doubt that CWT is the first coach to ever call a freshman "real special" so that's not a big deal at all .... The big deal would be, and this is the way the post read, if the Q&A at Beef's went like this:

Bulls fan: "Coach, Bench banged up his knee last year. Is it fully healed?

CWT: "Have you all seen Quinton play? He's real special".

Bulls fan: " Uh, okay. Has Mike bulked up any since his freshman year?"

CWT: Have I mentioned Flowers yet? He's going to be real special."

I sincerely doubt that CWT is the first coach to ever call a freshman "real special" so that's not a big deal at all .... The big deal would be, and this is the way the post read, if the Q&A at Beef's went like this:

Really?  That isn't close to what the poster said.

Are you sure you are a moderator here?  You pick your nose at me, call another poster a liar and now completely misrepresent what he posted.

Apis, Trip has lost his marbles, can you help him get a grip?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Are you sure you are a moderator here?  You pick your nose at me, call another poster a liar and now completely misrepresent what he posted.

In all honesty... he did make it seem that way.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

So his only response to questions about SB and MW was QF was "real special" ... That would certainly be proof .......... if that's how it really went down.

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating. This thread gets better and better.

I'll go with misremembering ... and you know **** well if you weren't just trying to keep this **** stirred up, you'd acknowledge how absurd what he's alleging is.

Out of curiosity, why is his first hand account of something CWT said absurd, but your first hand account of QF throwing is gospel?

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating. This thread gets better and better.

Out of curiosity, why is his first hand account of something CWT said absurd, but your first hand account of QF throwing is gospel?

Because Trip said so.  #endofstory

Actually, what I got out of it was a lot more like:  

Nobull:  Hey coach, who is going to start White or Bench?

Coach:  That Flowers kid is really special

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Actually, what I got out of it was a lot more like:  

Nobull:  Hey coach, who is going to start White or Bench?

Coach:  That Flowers kid is really special

If that's how it happened, it would be funny in a sense.  I'd think it was a subconscious admission of the state of the qbs as he saw it at that time....   

But still, I think what you said implies the same thing that trip said... he just added lines and details... but basically the same implication.