• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

Saying Taggart is simply wrong on his evaluation of Flowers is way, way different from saying that the only reason Bench isn't on the field is because of some kind of conspiracy or personal grudge (which implies that everyone - including Taggart - agrees that Bench is better but they still don't play him... you know, just because).

The former is something a rational person might argue. The latter is not.

Ok so I get it in your opinion of me, even though you don't know me is I am irrational.

I hope Flowers proves me wrong. If so, great. I am for the team & those that know me know I am a die-hard Bull's fan.

That was not actually my intent with that post, as it sounded like you were arguing the former (that Taggart is just wrong on his evaluation of Flowers). But if you do believe in the shadowy cabal, then yeah I guess I'll have to go with irrational.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I don't know about you guys, but I think CWT hates Bench.  

More or less than Holtz hated recruiting for USF?

Can't wait to find this post next year when Asianti Woulard leads USF to its first bowl game in years.

Anyone who's anyone knows that AW was never going to sign with us out of high school, so you can't use him as an example for Holtz. It's a fact that Holtz hated recruiting and went golfing instead of evaluating players every single chance he got.

Yes, one day that USF assistant coaches were out recruiting Holtz went to a charity golf event.  Of course, head coaches are not allowed to leave campus nearly as much as assistant coaches.  And no coach should ever have a few hours off.  Everyone on this board works 24/7, clearly identified by the number of posts on this board.  No one every does anything but work feaversihly at their job.

I was always amazed at how much criticism Holtz got for attending one golf outing.  Haters gonna hate.

Not to side on this argument...

But the main complaint wasn't that it happened on a random weekend when "USF assistant coaches were out recruiting."

It was because on that day/weekend, it was one of the biggest high school football camps of the year at USF

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

No reason to go back to Holtz now. Who cares. He is gone and we are on the precipice of a new season. Unless there are qbs with links to him on our roster move on.

I am surprised that Keene's name has been vanquished so easily.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't know about you guys, but I think CWT hates Bench.

More or less than Holtz hated recruiting for USF?

Can't wait to find this post next year when Asianti Woulard leads USF to its first bowl game in years.

Anyone who's anyone knows that AW was never going to sign with us out of high school, so you can't use him as an example for Holtz. It's a fact that Holtz hated recruiting and went golfing instead of evaluating players every single chance he got.

Yes, one day that USF assistant coaches were out recruiting Holtz went to a charity golf event. Of course, head coaches are not allowed to leave campus nearly as much as assistant coaches. And no coach should ever have a few hours off. Everyone on this board works 24/7, clearly identified by the number of posts on this board. No one every does anything but work feaversihly at their job.

I was always amazed at how much criticism Holtz got for attending one golf outing. Haters gonna hate.

Not to side on this argument...

But the main complaint wasn't that it happened on a random weekend when "USF assistant coaches were out recruiting."

It was because on that day/weekend, it was one of the biggest high school football camps of the year at USF

That was organized by a third party who rented out our facilities and scheduled the even a few months in advance when Holtz had committed to the fundraiser a year in advance since he had been doing it annually for almost a decade.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There is proof of the love affair that Taggart has for Quinton Flowers. Direct from Taggarts mouth when he spoke to us personally at Beef Obrady's last year. We were asking him about Steven Bench and Mike White. All Taggart would say was Quinton Flowers "he's real special". He was enamored with him since last year so don't tell me he was objective. There are many honest bulls in this pen that have seen the light however many of you disagree, we will agree to disagree.

So his only response to questions about SB and MW was QF was "real special" ... That would certainly be proof .......... if that's how it really went down.

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating.  This thread gets better and better.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Special K is good

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

So his only response to questions about SB and MW was QF was "real special" ... That would certainly be proof .......... if that's how it really went down.

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating.  This thread gets better and better.

I'll go with misremembering ... and you know **** well if you weren't just trying to keep this **** stirred up, you'd acknowledge how absurd what he's alleging is.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating. This thread gets better and better.

Well the season will prove me right or wrong & I don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong. I want to watch a good season. I bleed green & gold as the rest of us on this pen do.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Oh & by the way unless anyone was in that room to actually hear all the other coaches opinions then I would say there is not enough evidence to prove either theory & it has become word vs. word.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

So now nobullaboutit is lying or exagerrating. This thread gets better and better.

Well the season will prove me right or wrong & I don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong. I want to watch a good season. I bleed green & gold as the rest of us on this pen do.

The season will prove CWT right or wring ...