• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers is the Starter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 620 WDAE this morning Taggart said he plans to use Bench against FAMU.  I guess Bench must have sent him a box of chocolates or something.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

On 620 WDAE this morning Taggart said he plans to use Bench against FAMU.  I guess Bench must have sent him a box of chocolates or something. 

Translation: Coach T: "My pick of Q Flowers as the QB will show that he will lead us to 42 points in the first quarter and allow Bench off the bench."

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Can someone tell me how, if possible, to post a pdf file or link to a pdf file.  The article I have is related to trying to change a person's position.  Seems appropriate for this, and many other, discussion.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm not sure I understand.

Is this directed at those posters who somehow see Bench as a much better option when there is no clear evidence?

People see what they want to see and that includes the loonies in here that think there is some conspiracy to keep Bench off the field.

nothing about a career 45% completion rate after 164 pass attempts with a QB rating below 100 says starter material as a senior.

the fact is neither are very good passers and Flowers is a much better runner therefore we changed offense to take advantage of that fact.

Edited by Bull94

Just an article that explains how the discussions on here will never change anyone's mind about anything one believes.

Edit:  I am a Willie Mays fan.  No one will ever convince me that Aaron or Clemente or Mantle or DiMaggio were better.  Show me Aaron's HRs and I'll tell you he played in a smaller park and didn't have to hit into the wind at Candlestick Park like Mays did for 1/2 the games of his career.  Stuff like that.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Is this directed at those posters who somehow see Bench as a much better option when there is no clear evidence?

People see what they want to see and that includes the loonies in here that think there is some conspiracy to keep Bench off the field.

nothing about a career 45% completion rate after 164 pass attempts with a QB rating below 100 says starter material as a senior.

Nah.  He's saying that people that think Bench is better are no different than people (like you) that are convinced that Flowers is better.  Everyone has their opinion.  Everyone tries to change the opinion of those that don't agree with them.  No one will be successful.  His is completely right about this, of course.

What Bourbon Bull is leaving out of his argument is twofold.  

1.  There is the possibility that one group or the other will be able to crow about how right they were.  I think the much more likely scenario is that we will continue with two QBs throughout the season and neither will really prove much.  It won't be until next year when AW gets on the field that the QB controversy will be settled and everyone will agree we have a quality QB.

2.  We are all bored out of our minds waiting for the season to start, and this can be entertaining.  It's all in good fun, as long as we are attacking arguments and not impugning the character of our fellow posters.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Nah.  He's saying that people that think Bench is better are no different than people (like you) that are convinced that Flowers is better.  Everyone has their opinion.  Everyone tries to change the opinion of those that don't agree with them.  No one will be successful.  His is completely right about this, of course.

What Bourbon Bull is leaving out of his argument is twofold.  

1.  There is the possibility that one group or the other will be able to crow about how right they were.  I think the much more likely scenario is that we will continue with two QBs throughout the season and neither will really prove much.  It won't be until next year when AW gets on the field that the QB controversy will be settled and everyone will agree we have a quality QB.

2.  We are all bored out of our minds waiting for the season to start, and this can be entertaining.  It's all in good fun, as long as we are attacking arguments and not impugning the character of our fellow posters.

I'm not convinced Flowers is better. I do believe if you are going to run the Qb more then he is more effective. I said previously that if we get behind and need to pass then they should bring in Bench but right now Flowers is a better runner than Bench is a passer. I think both will play a lot this year and i will be behind whoever is on the field.

I find the whole conspiracy thing to be absolutely moronic though.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Can someone tell me how, if possible, to post a pdf file or link to a pdf file

For future reference, one way is if the pdf is on a website, you can right click on it and choose "Copy Link Location" (Firefox) and then paste that in a post.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Translation: Coach T: "My pick of Q Flowers as the QB will show that he will lead us to 42 points in the first quarter and allow Bench off the bench."

Since we are opening against FAMU, all of us fans should EXPECT to see Bench play during this game.  If our starter has to play the entire game, we have huge issues.  Huge issues.