• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard is transferring to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama, I get what you're saying, but you're blindly believing that it truly was AW's dad (was that ever proven?) and we have no clear evidence to believe AW actually read the board.  Sometimes people are not who they say they are, and sometimes people make assertions that just aren't true.

I agree with your last paragraph, though.  It's ok to be critical but it's never a good idea to be insulting to a HS or college athlete.

I hope you're not implying that Matt Grothe isn't actually Matt Grothe on here.

It's a message board ... one never knows ...

Of course, it's ony natural to be suspicious of someone who posts here using the name of a player or one of his relatives. I haven't gone back to the old AW thread in recent years, but I do remember people "feeling" out the poster who claimed to be his dad. Over time, his poster dad, just like poster Matt Grothe and his dad proved their bona fides sufficiently to MOST of us, without having to take a lie detector test.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Mama, I get what you're saying, but you're blindly believing that it truly was AW's dad (was that ever proven?) and we have no clear evidence to believe AW actually read the board. Sometimes people are not who they say they are, and sometimes people make assertions that just aren't true.

I agree with your last paragraph, though. It's ok to be critical but it's never a good idea to be insulting to a HS or college athlete.

I hope you're not implying that Matt Grothe isn't actually Matt Grothe on here.

It's a message board ... one never knows ...

Of course, it's ony natural to be suspicious of someone who posts here using the name of a player or one of his relatives. I haven't gone back to the old AW thread in recent years, but I do remember people "feeling" out the poster who claimed to be his dad. Over time, his poster dad, just like poster Matt Grothe and his dad proved their bona fides sufficiently to MOST of us, without having to take a lie detector test.

I think your memory is a little fuzzy. AW's "dad" has been the gold standard for joking about authenticity.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I firmly believe that there are a large number of recruits, players, coaches that read the message boards.

That said, I think it has almost zero effect on the decisions any of those people make on anything.

Edit to remove almost.  It has no bearing at all.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I just found this out and had to laugh. After all this time and so many people trashing Woulard, it's hilarious he's going to be a Bull again.

It just proves one of two things:

1) recruits DO NOT read the recruiting boards on here.

or

2) They do, but they just don't care and what we say on there doesn't matter to them at all.

As I've thought all along ... I'm going with the former.  So let's please give this whole "watch what you say, they may be reading this board!!" nonsense a rest.  

Recruits and/or parents read message boards.  Players read message boards.  Members of the athletic department read message boards.  Even coaches read message boards on occasion.  These are facts.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/big_12/article/A-M-official-s-post-ridiculed-school-s-president-2311998.php

COLLEGE STATION — At 9:03 p.m. on Oct. 1, a person dubbed “UtayAg†on the popular Texas A&M fan website TexAgs opined, “I have to admit that the stupidity on this board always brings me back to the point that I know I'm not the dumbest (expletive) out there.â€

His fellow posters beg to differ. Jeff Toole, A&M athletics' chief financial officer and senior associate athletic director, admitted on Tuesday that he has disparaged A&M president R. Bowen Loftin on TexAgs â€” dubbing Loftin a “putz†and a “hopelessly underqualified puppet†— under the alias of UtayAg.

“I was posting what I thought was an anonymous opinion,†Toole said Tuesday.

Toole was ratted out on the website by a poster dubbed “iPanic†who searched UtayAg's posting history and found one from May 5, 2010, where UtayAg identifies himself as the Aggies' CFO for athletics.

“That slipped my mind,†Toole said Tuesday when asked why he thought he was posting anonymously when he already had identified himself under the handle.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Reading our mostly meaningless babble is like paying attention to the emotions of a faceless crowd at a stadium. If a player lives or dies by those kinds of fickle reactions, they shouldn't think about continuing that particular career path...IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Reading our mostly meaningless babble is like paying attention to the emotions of a faceless crowd at a stadium. If a player lives or dies by those kinds of fickle reactions, they shouldn't think about continuing that particular career path...IMO.

+1k

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I just found this out and had to laugh. After all this time and so many people trashing Woulard, it's hilarious he's going to be a Bull again.

or

2) They do, but they just don't care and what we say on there doesn't matter to them at all.

As I've thought all along ... I'm going with the former.  So let's please give this whole "watch what you say, they may be reading this board!!" nonsense a rest.  

Recruits and/or parents read message boards.  Players read message boards.  Members of the athletic department read message boards.  Even coaches read message boards on occasion.  These are facts.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/big_12/article/A-M-official-s-post-ridiculed-school-s-president-2311998.php

COLLEGE STATION — At 9:03 p.m. on Oct. 1, a person dubbed “UtayAg†on the popular Texas A&M fan website TexAgs opined, “I have to admit that the stupidity on this board always brings me back to the point that I know I'm not the dumbest (expletive) out there.â€

His fellow posters beg to differ. Jeff Toole, A&M athletics' chief financial officer and senior associate athletic director, admitted on Tuesday that he has disparaged A&M president R. Bowen Loftin on TexAgs â€” dubbing Loftin a “putz†and a “hopelessly underqualified puppet†— under the alias of UtayAg.

Toole was ratted out on the website by a poster dubbed “iPanic†who searched UtayAg's posting history and found one from May 5, 2010, where UtayAg identifies himself as the Aggies' CFO for athletics.

“That slipped my mind,†Toole said Tuesday when asked why he thought he was posting anonymously when he already had identified himself under the handle.

Ok, so I'll go with my #2 (good to stay regular) ... so they just don't give a shiz ... that's cool.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

I am pro AW getting on the field.

Although if there were a new coach next year... Two years of eligibility would be nice. Hmmm

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

or

As I've thought all along ... I'm going with the former. So let's please give this whole "watch what you say, they may be reading this board!!" nonsense a rest.

Recruits and/or parents read message boards. Players read message boards. Members of the athletic department read message boards. Even coaches read message boards on occasion. These are facts.

His fellow posters beg to differ. Jeff Toole, A&M athletics' chief financial officer and senior associate athletic director, admitted on Tuesday that he has disparaged A&M president R. Bowen Loftin on TexAgs — dubbing Loftin a “putz†and a “hopelessly underqualified puppet†— under the alias of UtayAg.

Ok, so I'll go with my #2 (good to stay regular) ... so they just don't give a shiz ... that's cool.

I've been active on texags for a few years now. Definately not a board you want to post any identifying information.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

or

:roflmao:

I'd fire the guy for being an idiot.  I don't want my CFO to be an idiot.