• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard is transferring to USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

As I recall, the first shutout in program history was the Meineke Bowl and people applauded Leavitt for playing to win and not to avoid a shutout. Sounds like Taggart had the right idea too.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

As I recall, the first shutout in program history was the Meineke Bowl and people applauded Leavitt for playing to win and not to avoid a shutout. Sounds like Taggart had the right idea too.

True and it was the right decision in both instances. However NCST had a future 4 time probowler and #1 overall pick lining up at DE, while UCF only had herpes.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3. And rightfully so.

So ur saying ur 100% ok getting shut out by our biggest rival on our home field and letting them hold the honor of being the first team to shut us out. Getting a field goal down 16-0 might just spark something as u never know what might happen on the next kickoff. What if they fumble and u recover resulting in a td? Now it's a 6 point game. Being down 41-3 that game is over

Where did i say i was ok with it? Much less 100%.

The rest of that is speculative bs.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3.  And rightfully so.

I've struggled with this, because I saw Taggart wanted to show he was not going to settle for FGs. Yours is a valid point that I (irrational or not) would accept with other teams we faced. But although I liked his attitude, if you're in the closing minutes of a rivalry game, at home, and you know the likelihood of a win is infinitesimal, I think you get the 3 and save a little face.

We'll have to respectfully disagree on that point.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

True and it was the right decision in both instances. However NCST had a future 4 time probowler and #1 overall pick lining up at DE, while UCF only had herpes.

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3.  And rightfully so.

I've struggled with this, because I saw Taggart wanted to show he was not going to settle for FGs. Yours is a valid point that I (irrational or not) would accept with other teams we faced. But although I liked his attitude, if you're in the closing minutes of a rivalry game, at home, and you know the likelihood of a win is infinitesimal, I think you get the 3 and save a little face.

We'll have to respectfully disagree on that point.

I'm much more worried about the state of our program, than 3 points somehow making that loss less ugly.  Or giving bragging rights to the same fan base that dismisses 64-12 during their conference champ year.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

I don't know about kicking FGs to save face late in games, but I have seen Taggart pass on them early in games which usually comes back to haunt us.  I am a big fan of taking any points you can get especially if your offense isn't going to put up huge points.  

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I don't know about kicking FGs to save face late in games, but I have seen Taggart pass on them early in games which usually comes back to haunt us.  I am a big fan of taking any points you can get especially if your offense isn't going to put up huge points.  

It's a strategy, teaches the kids it's not okay to shoot for the 30yd line--rise to the challenge and all that. But Kloss kicked his share of FGs for us, even getting close to the Groza award for it a couple years ago. It was just strange to me to set the above strategy at that point in the season vs UCF. Hope it gives them incentive to kick butt this year, that is all.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hard to believe that this was the AW thread. LOL

I hope his dad comes back to post again.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Discussion time:

BJ Daniels was rated the #8 DTQB of his class. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-B.J.-Daniels-58795

Asiantii Woulard was rated the #1 DTQB of his class.

Do you think Asiantii Woulard has better potential then BJ Daniels? 

Is Woulard > Daniels?

Way to soon to tell

I would've EASILY answered yes in 2013. Wouldn't have been much of a question then.