• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard is transferring to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

The only way taggart could erase the shutout by the school to the east is to shut them out at their place

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The only way taggart could erase the shutout by the school to the east is to shut them out at their place

Would you also accept 10+ consecutive wins vs UCF starting this season?

(...along also winning the conference)

Edited by Dogma

Would you also accept 10+ consecutive wins vs UCF starting this season?

(...along also winning the conference)

Depends on by how much in each meeting and if a few clinched a conference title I might be okay if we don't shut them out but I'd prefer to shut them out at least once

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3.  And rightfully so.

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3. And rightfully so.

So ur saying ur 100% ok getting shut out by our biggest rival on our home field and letting them hold the honor of being the first team to shut us out. Getting a field goal down 16-0 might just spark something as u never know what might happen on the next kickoff. What if they fumble and u recover resulting in a td? Now it's a 6 point game. Being down 41-3 that game is over

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

So attempting field goals rather than trying to score touchdowns, for the sole purpose of avoiding a shutdown because we weren't going to win with field goals, would have been better? Losing 16-3 would have been better? Pretty sure the last guy got excoriated for kicking field goals down 41-3.  And rightfully so.

I've struggled with this, because I saw Taggart wanted to show he was not going to settle for FGs. Yours is a valid point that I (irrational or not) would accept with other teams we faced. But although I liked his attitude, if you're in the closing minutes of a rivalry game, at home, and you know the likelihood of a win is infinitesimal, I think you get the 3 and save a little face.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'd say it's at least a 50-50 chance of their going to have to learn a new playbook for next year. Just based on the past two years.

We got shut out by our rival at home in the last game of the season after 2 years. It was the first home shutout in our history. Decisions were made to ensure the shutout rather than to put some points on the board. I hope the playbook changes, and not just to a different section of the same book. There are just some things you don't allow to happen.

Let me clarify my remarks. They have to do with the team winning enough to save CWT's job. Hence I give it 50/50 chance based on his tenure so far. Otherwise new coach, new playbook next season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Personally, I think all this whining about the shut out is pretty silly. 5 minutes to go ... you've got to get 2 td's some way, somehow to avoid LOSING ... you know, the most important aspect of the game ... you're deep in their territory ...  you go all in. I guess what concerns some is the yapping of the Kanigit fans. You kick the field goal to "save face", you catch the same ****, maybe more ... CWT's made some head scratching decisions but that isn't one of them.

Personally, I think all this whining about the shut out is pretty pathetic. 5 minutes to go ... you've got to get 2 td's some way, somehow to avoid LOSING ... you know, the most important aspect of the game ... you're deep in their territory ... you go all in. I guess what concerns some is the yapping of the Kanigit fans. You kick the field goal to "save face", you catch the same ****, maybe more ... CWT's made some head scratching decisions but that isn't one of them.

How can u win by trying to tie. Could u kick the 3 points and get the ball back through a onside kick or turnover or 3 and out then score a quick touchdown and somehow get the ball back and win the game with a late touchdown?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Personally, I think all this whining about the shut out is pretty pathetic. 5 minutes to go ... you've got to get 2 td's some way, somehow to avoid LOSING ... you know, the most important aspect of the game ... you're deep in their territory ... you go all in. I guess what concerns some is the yapping of the Kanigit fans. You kick the field goal to "save face", you catch the same ****, maybe more ... CWT's made some head scratching decisions but that isn't one of them.

How can u win by trying to tie. Could u kick the 3 points and get the ball back through a onside kick or turnover or 3 and out then score a quick touchdown and somehow get the ball back and win the game with a late touchdown?

The only way you don't lose that game is that you have to score 2 td's at some point in regulation. You kick a fg with 5 minutes to go, you STILL have to score those 2 td's to not lose and now you're relying on fluke plays to do it. I do understand the strategy you're pushing but in this case, I think CWT played the better odds to win the game .... and am glad the shut out wasn't a factor in his decision because there was no valid reason for it to be.