• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Reminds me of our NCAA year where we found ways to win close games and it really paid off down the stretch in some tough conference games. Not saying we are tourney bound so relax.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

COA credited an assistant for pushing to get Perry in at the end.

Part of coaching is getting the right people around you and having the right judgement to listen to them.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Antigue is the man:

Antigua: "I know it's fun basketball for you all & the fans. I hope that we can make it a little bit easier on the staff."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Make what a bit easier on the staff?

Edited by hm101

Make what a bit easier on the staff?

We're coming off an overtime win at UAB, a flurious near comeback at NC State, and now a crazy late comeback against Hofstra.

He's being tongue and cheek about maybe winning a little easier in the next one.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

how long does Antigua stick around? i say cherry picked after 3 seasons.

i see a two-bit invitational, NIT deep run, NCAA 2nd rd to sweet 16, bounces.

anyone?

anyone?

I just hope he is successful enough here to get cherry picked.  He looks good so far.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

anyone?

was thinking this today...it's possible he bolts, but if he can somehow turn USF into a perennial Big Dance team, we could likely pay more to keep him...as he'd be generating more $$ for the school.  We gave him his first HC job.  Hopefully some loyalty, but it's also about the $$, so we'd better come up with it.

That said, WAY too early to worry about him bolting after having big success.  But, that's a good problem to have.

If you're dreaming, see Coach O get us to the top tier, and someone get our football team in the top 25...watch the Big 12 come calling.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Lol come on guys, we are already talking about him doing well enough for him to leave. Its 5 games in. Lets bring it down a notch

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

Caught bits & pieces while visting family and sneaking peeks.  Tucked the phone away with 9 or so left, down 13 or so.  Pulled into the driveway, turned it on with 3 minutes left and watched an amazing finish.

This team has a lot of growing to do, and needs to get tougher in the middle, but these guys never quit and we're seeing excellent leadership from Allen, Collins and Perry.  Young guys are emerging.

It's early, but our season record is going to be greatly impacted by how we win/loss these close ones or off nights.  To me, I had this in the "now we're 3-2" bucket, but am thrilled to be 4-1...should be 5-1 headed to Bama.

Again, lots to work on, but this is a fun team to watch.

Dead on.

Is 35 Ziegler?  He should never shoot the ball from more than 10' out but he played really hard around the basket. COA mentioned in his post game radio show (that we actually stayed around for because the Mrs. was so jacked up about the win she didn't want to leave) that he helped boost the whole team with his energy.

And speaking of leaving - that is a huge difference between the past 2 years and this year.  Had this been CSH's team down by 11 with about 4 minutes to go, we would have been headed to the parking lot.  I wasn't confident about coming back but thought we might make it interesting.  We were rewarded for sticking it out which will lead to us staying later into games this year.

Just watching this live I wasn't overly impressed with how we attacked their zone for most of the game.  Looked similar to last year a lot of the time.  We seem to be able to run plays better against a man D as of right now.  And that inbounds play from the baseline where they lob it into a big man just doesn't seem like it can lead to anything good.  There was some bad passes and they doubled Cousins one time forcing him into an offensive foul.  Just don't know what good giving the ball to a big in the corner will do.  Maybe it was just the execution of the play tonight. 

Cory Allen Jr was money down the stretch.  What a fun game to watch.  AC got out of control a couple of times but for the most part kept his composure.