• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

how long does Antigua stick around? i say cherry picked after 3 seasons.

i see a two-bit invitational, NIT deep run, NCAA 2nd rd to sweet 16, bounces.

anyone?

was thinking this today...it's possible he bolts, but if he can somehow turn USF into a perennial Big Dance team, we could likely pay more to keep him...as he'd be generating more $$ for the school.  We gave him his first HC job.  Hopefully some loyalty, but it's also about the $$, so we'd better come up with it.

That said, WAY too early to worry about him bolting after having big success.  But, that's a good problem to have.

If you're dreaming, see Coach O get us to the top tier, and someone get our football team in the top 25...watch the Big 12 come calling.

He was our second option, that'd reduce the loyalty I'd have.

If he wins 17 this year, I can see him bouncing that quickly. He won't need to get us to the NCAAT to become a hot commodity. He has the pedigree and if he turns us around in one year (I consider 17 wins just that) that'd prove he's the real deal, he will get interest.

I think we'll match, like Strong at UL, until/if a top program comes to take him.

Guest PCBull14

how long does Antigua stick around? i say cherry picked after 3 seasons.

i see a two-bit invitational, NIT deep run, NCAA 2nd rd to sweet 16, bounces.

anyone?

was thinking this today...it's possible he bolts, but if he can somehow turn USF into a perennial Big Dance team, we could likely pay more to keep him...as he'd be generating more $$ for the school.  We gave him his first HC job.  Hopefully some loyalty, but it's also about the $$, so we'd better come up with it.

That said, WAY too early to worry about him bolting after having big success.  But, that's a good problem to have.

If you're dreaming, see Coach O get us to the top tier, and someone get our football team in the top 25...watch the Big 12 come calling.

He was our second option, that'd reduce the loyalty I'd have.

If he wins 17 this year, I can see him bouncing that quickly. He won't need to get us to the NCAAT to become a hot commodity. He has the pedigree and if he turns us around in one year (I consider 17 wins just that) that'd prove he's the real deal, he will get interest.

I think we'll match, like Strong at UL, until/if a top program comes to take him.

I don't think this guy will go anywhere actually. Its the perfect set up for him to coach internationally and in college. The guy will probably always coach in a Caribbean country as that is where his root are and Tampa is just perfect. If he turns this around I could see him staying here as long as we will have him. I may be wrong but just has that feeling.  USF's Mark Few? we shalt find out.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Let's not jinx the poor guy. This is the same kind of talk around here after Holtz beat Notre Dame. After that, everyone was convinced he was going to be Notre Dame's next HC.

I am very excited about this team and what the future holds, but there are a few missing parts here and I have been around college sports to know that as exciting as these games might be, unless you are getting the most elite players in the country you cannot count on a team of so many freshmen or newcomers.

Before getting sucked into how great this team is and then everyone ******** about how we suck later on in year, just remember we started out 8-3 last year with a couple of blow out wins.

My only expectation this year is that I hope they continue the competitive, exciting play as they develop.

So far they have been fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Man what a game. I am really liking Coach Antigua more and more.

Morillo is an exciting player.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Let's not jinx the poor guy. This is the same kind of talk around here after Holtz beat Notre Dame. After that, everyone was convinced he was going to be Notre Dame's next HC.

I am very excited about this team and what the future holds, but there are a few missing parts here and I have been around college sports to know that as exciting as these games might be, unless you are getting the most elite players in the country you cannot count on a team of so many freshmen or newcomers.

Before getting sucked into how great this team is and then everyone ******** about how we suck later on in year, just remember we started out 8-3 last year with a couple of blow out wins.

My only expectation this year is that I hope they continue the competitive, exciting play as they develop.

This wouldn't be the Bullspen if it didn't come with rampant speculation of overblown expectations, followed by spectacular whine and jeez parties after the first minor setback...

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This wouldn't be the Bullspen if it didn't come with rampant speculation of overblown expectations, followed by spectacular whine and jeez parties after the first minor setback...

That may or may not be original, but it definitely made me LOL. Too true.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

I have been around hoops for a long time. This team deserves support right now.  If anyone is on the fence about getting season tickets (still possible) or partial season tickets.  Get them and support a positive growing sport at USF in a very nice on-campus stadium.

For those that wonder what to do with extra tix, it's very easy now days to email them to anyone (within minutes) or even put them on stub hub.  I live in Jacksonville Beach and have 10 season tix for football and 4 for hoops.  I don't have a problem getting them to people.  Last night, I gave them to a college friend and it was his first trip back to the new Sun Dome and the reply I got was that "it far exceeded my expectations".

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

I haven't been to a game since I was a student in 2012. I'd really like to check a game out this year when I'm in town.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I have been around hoops for a long time. This team deserves support right now.  If anyone is on the fence about getting season tickets (still possible) or partial season tickets.  Get them and support a positive growing sport at USF in a very nice on-campus stadium.

For those that wonder what to do with extra tix, it's very easy now days to email them to anyone (within minutes) or even put them on stub hub.  I live in Jacksonville Beach and have 10 season tix for football and 4 for hoops.  I don't have a problem getting them to people.  Last night, I gave them to a college friend and it was his first trip back to the new Sun Dome and the reply I got was that "it far exceeded my expectations".

Also, if you're not going to use your tix, PLEASE donate them to the Boys and Girls Clubs or some such.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Serious question here. Not joking at all.

Do you think the burial mound spirits are happy to have COA here?

CoachOA may have been in touch with the "Shaman" that was recommended to me by some indian I spoke with at the Seminole Hard Rock a couple of weeks ago. :)