• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Let's all enjoy the win and hopefully the season. Let's hold off on any contract extension talk until at least conference play.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm as happy as the rest of you, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hofstra's RPI is 130 at this point. If we get technical, at this point in the season we are a midseed NIT (RPI of 79) team. If the team gets better down the stretch...we'll be a high NIT seed or maybe a low NCAA seed. 

REALLY looking forward to seeing how we handle Alabama. They will be a handful but they are more even competition than NC State (who was arguably much better).

I'm not getting carried away.  We were a 15 win basketball team.  Slide in a win like this and now we're a 16 win basketball team.  If things really come together maybe we get better than that.  It's just fun to watch the team.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I think most of us would be happy with any NIT or post season bid in his first year. Lots of promise with some nice talent coming in next year and a belief that players will be properly developed are causes for optimism.

I liked Heath but there is no denying COA has some skills.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If in a year or two there is a decision between firing Taggart, or keeping him on a bit longer and dedicate the buyout/new hire funds to Antigua, well, sorry football. Coach O can not leave this program.

+10000000000000000000000

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm as happy as the rest of you, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hofstra's RPI is 130 at this point. If we get technical, at this point in the season we are a midseed NIT (RPI of 79) team. If the team gets better down the stretch...we'll be a high NIT seed or maybe a low NCAA seed. 

REALLY looking forward to seeing how we handle Alabama. They will be a handful but they are more even competition than NC State (who was arguably much better).

Hofstra is also a team some think can be a NCAAT team come March. With their guard play and shooting I see why. They are well coached too which showed all game long

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are funny. It's like watching a see saw. Way down one moment, then way up another

When was everyone down?

They battled hard at NC State.  Save a very few individuals, most thought it was a good performance vs a quality team predicted to go dancing.

I didn't mean it like a bad thing, I genuinely meant it was entertaining to read! And I did not say everyone, maybe you interpreted it that way though. I was thinking of a select few specifically. Anyways, don't want this to be a focus, I was just expressing my entertainment. The team played great, and the coaching was awesome. We need to work on communication with rebounding though, along with communication on help defense. 

But we are a very very young team, and those mistakes are not surprising.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Much as I love running numbers, the RPI is irrelevant this early in the season. They shouldn't even release the first RPI numbers until late January

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Excellent coaching after two huge timeouts. One gets an easy bucket the other gets the exact shot we wanted to Perry down low. Loved how the announcers showed the motion to set up the last play.

How many games will we win this year..who knows but the team never gives up even if some of us do. I have to admit 2-3 times I said that was it and that it was over.

Have to get better on the defensive glass and the loose balls but man what a difference.

I keeping my mouth shut until the scoreboard reads 00:00

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are funny. It's like watching a see saw. Way down one moment, then way up another 

I think it's more reflecting the changing circumstances of the game. I don't think anyone was unnecessarily negative or way too glass half full at any point tonight between whistles. Then again, I wasn't on here for all of it. Imagine if someone had a written history on you during a volatile event that you attended or experienced in some way.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm not getting carried away.  We were a 15 win basketball team.  Slide in a win like this and now we're a 16 win basketball team.  If things really come together maybe we get better than that.  It's just fun to watch the team.

We're a 4-win basketball team. Until we're not