• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I have been around hoops for a long time. This team deserves support right now. If anyone is on the fence about getting season tickets (still possible) or partial season tickets. Get them and support a positive growing sport at USF in a very nice on-campus stadium.

For those that wonder what to do with extra tix, it's very easy now days to email them to anyone (within minutes) or even put them on stub hub. I live in Jacksonville Beach and have 10 season tix for football and 4 for hoops. I don't have a problem getting them to people. Last night, I gave them to a college friend and it was his first trip back to the new Sun Dome and the reply I got was that "it far exceeded my expectations".

This.

5 game mini plan is available with all the "big games" on it.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Hofstra is not a nobody.  Also, USF just played a tough game two days earlier vs NC State.  Hofstra plays in the tough Colonial Conference and is predicted by some to win it.  Their guard (Green) is one of the best in the country. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hofstra was lights out from behind the arc. IIRC, their 3% was better than their FT% -  when's the last time you saw that?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

We were woeful in that game...before we talk about him bolting how about him shoring up that defense.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Our coach has like 5 games under his belt as HC, Hofstra's over 500. COA did adjust and it was effective enough to win the game. Baby steps.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

A come from behind win at home vs. a no body. This team will need to get much, much better in a hurry.

I'll bite. What's the difference between this win and the SMU football win then? Your reaction seems very different.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Lol come on guys, we are already talking about him doing well enough for him to leave. Its 5 games in. Lets bring it down a notch

cant envision any scenario COA is a bust. All the dude knows is success, workin with that find-a-way-to-win swagger god given fr the NY streets.

Also, Calipari pedigree, recruiting prowess, set-up-to-win conference, i.e., poised to "turn around a historically bad program"

When he pans out, his stock will be higher than most

All tht said, I fully understand dynamics of ncaam coaching carousel far different from ncaaf. Maybe he'll get comfy and turn us into a butler/Xavier/gonzag..

One can dream

Not to hijack the thread and want to keep it on hoops, but that sounds so much like Taggart recruiting and the Harbaugh pedigree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Our coach has like 5 games under his belt as HC.

In college ... His other HC stints appears to have given him valuable experience, also.

A come from behind win at home vs. a no body. This team will need to get much, much better in a hurry.

I'll bite.

Why??????

One thing I don't know if mentioned anywhere was the play of true frosh, the gladiator. He had some key points down the stretch, even with a couple of shots popping in and out of basket. Seemed to have a solid game defensively, including causing a key turnover in those hectic last couple minutes.