• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We were fortunate enough to be asked to sit in the ADs suite so didn't have to sit out in that mess.  The AD went down to the field at the half.  Wasn't happy.  The President stayed in the box and even after we won there was no great joy.  We stood outside the stadium after the game at the team buses.  Not one smile on any kid.  Not one. 

Good post, this particular point about none of the players smiling gives me more optimism than the game.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^^ Thanks, Ricky, that's pretty unbelievable about the 4th down play--pretty revealing. I sincerely hope this means some progress.

But for those that think he needed to start MW, think about what he'd been doing recently--his head was clearly not in the game, he needed to sit and see someone else doing his job to get his scowl back. If he had that fire and focus on a regular basis, we wouldn't have to worry about coming back on Tulsa in the 2nd half or pulling out a 4th Q win over SMU. I hope he can find his happy place and stay there.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  130
  • Days Won:  0

Memo to SMU.....Keep your football program alive. We will exit stage left.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  23

Some people are never satisfied. We won, it wasn't pretty but we won. Please tell me what you would have done differently this game to make it better as a coach? He didn't Chop block anyone, fumble any balls or muff any kicks. The game plan was adjusted after the half and the players executed. I can honestly say it's been about execution the majority of our games. Critiquing is ok but don't complain about everything, it's not good for your health.

I have never seen more than one chop block call in a game.  We had at least 3.  Has to be something in the coaching. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Some people are never satisfied. We won, it wasn't pretty but we won. Please tell me what you would have done differently this game to make it better as a coach? He didn't Chop block anyone, fumble any balls or muff any kicks. The game plan was adjusted after the half and the players executed. I can honestly say it's been about execution the majority of our games. Critiquing is ok but don't complain about everything, it's not good for your health.

I have never seen more than one chop block call in a game.  We had at least 3.  Has to be something in the coaching. 

You think?

We won the chop block Super Bowl, against the worst team in FBS.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have never seen more than one chop block call in a game. We had at least 3. Has to be something in the coaching.

That's what I was thinking. There has to be some technique being taught. I think all but one included a running back.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have never seen more than one chop block call in a game. We had at least 3. Has to be something in the coaching.

That's what I was thinking. There has to be some technique being taught. I think all but one included a running back.

I think the SMU coach saw it on film and got with the officials before game and told them to look out for it.  Coaches do this all the time sometimes the officials take heed and others they just ignore it.  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

We can afford to fire Willie.  USF is paying for fired coaches and we still pay almost one million dollars less in coaching salaries than UCF

Go to Equity in athletics wed site for data

Edited by Bulls 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

3-3 in conference play, first time we've had 3 wins in conference since 2010.

two comeback wins in the 4th quarter.

two away wins (doubles our past two years combined).

I mean a win's a win.

Our conference should be called "The Tragedy". 3 wins in the AAC is the equivalent of 1 in a real conference.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

How about the coaching decision to start Quinton Flowers? Is that not on him?