• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The only arguement I have heard from the pro-CWT crowd is that we cannot afford to pay three coaches. I would argue that you cannot afford to keep him - he is erroding USF's revenue streams.

Its time to put some of that Big East buyout money to work.

If the school doesn't have the money to fire him and hire a new coach, their hands are tied.

Unless donors come up and provide a new source of funds... There is nothing else they can do.

How about when the current donors,season ticket holders done renrew? I have talked with Many who are done

Enough to cover CWT's buyout for the duration of his contract? If so maybe you guys should pool some money and offer to get that buy out taken care of.....

How about they use some of the $25MM - $33MM in Big East buyout money? Why should the donors have to bail out the athletic department for their ineptitude, especially when the university has neen financially rewarded for their inability to get off the Big East sinking ship (another scar from the university leadership)?

I'd imagine that since we took a sizable downgrade in TV money due to the TV contract that money would be better served elsewhere.....

If not football, where?

Anything more successful than paying yet another coach not to coach.  It's pretty much throwing that money away, especially when your last two coaches are fired at an average clip of two and a half years would make the job here less attractive.   Essentially lighting money on fire to make your job less attractive doesn't seem like sound business.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

Watching your #1 revenue sport go up in flames and refusing ro do anything about because you're worried about a couple million is completly short-sided.

This is what happens when you have accountants running yoir athletic department - they worry too much about the numerator and have no concept of how to grow the denominator.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

The only arguement I have heard from the pro-CWT crowd is that we cannot afford to pay three coaches. I would argue that you cannot afford to keep him - he is erroding USF's revenue streams.

Its time to put some of that Big East buyout money to work.

If the school doesn't have the money to fire him and hire a new coach, their hands are tied.

Unless donors come up and provide a new source of funds... There is nothing else they can do.

How about when the current donors,season ticket holders done renrew? I have talked with Many who are done

Enough to cover CWT's buyout for the duration of his contract? If so maybe you guys should pool some money and offer to get that buy out taken care of.....

How about they use some of the $25MM - $33MM in Big East buyout money? Why should the donors have to bail out the athletic department for their ineptitude, especially when the university has neen financially rewarded for their inability to get off the Big East sinking ship (another scar from the university leadership)?

I'd imagine that since we took a sizable downgrade in TV money due to the TV contract that money would be better served elsewhere.....

If not football, where?

Basketball .... To expedite Mercurius's #34 jersey getting here.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Watching your #1 revenue sport go up in flames and refusing ro do anything about because you're worried about a couple million is completly short-sided.

This is what happens when you have accountants running yoir athletic department - they worry too much about the numerator and have no concept of how to grow the denominator.

gotta spend dat money to make money! We need a new coach, and now. Something to inject life into this program. Another losing season and we are 2+ more years in the hole. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree 100 percent with you.    With that said  there is talk that next season there will be a new Price structure and Payment structure as well.  Was told that if approved ,  the Donor fee will be built in to the Ticket price (not a separate charge or payment like it is now)  A lot of donors could/ should see a price reduction next season.  While Im ok with saving money. I don't think cutting Ticket prices and donation prices is the answer.   We already have some REALLY INEXPENSIVE season tickets compared to a lot of D1 colleges.   We need money,  We don't need to cut  prices in hopes of increasing ticket sales.  Wins will increase attendance first and foremost I Believe not a discounted ticket.

Our tickets already have Very Little Monetary value as they are. ( you cant even give them away a lot of times if you can not attend for whatever reasons)  Once USF realizes that Tampa Fans and Society in general is about Winners and only typically supports winners than they will fix this mess).

Don't be surprised to see some cheesy Miami type thing next year like their promotion this past year (Go to fewer games)  http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/06/06/in-new-ad-miami-hurricanes-tell-fans-to-go-to-fewer-games/

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree 100 percent with you.    With that said  there is talk that next season there will be a new Price structure and Payment structure as well.  Was told that if approved ,  the Donor fee will be built in to the Ticket price (not a separate charge or payment like it is now)  A lot of donors could/ should see a price reduction next season.  While Im ok with saving money. I don't think cutting Ticket prices and donation prices is the answer.   We already have some REALLY INEXPENSIVE season tickets compared to a lot of D1 colleges.   We need money,  We don't need to cut  prices in hopes of increasing ticket sales.  Wins will increase attendance first and foremost I Believe not a discounted ticket.

Our tickets already have Very Little Monetary value as they are. ( you cant even give them away a lot of times if you can not attend for whatever reasons)  Once USF realizes that Tampa Fans and Society in general is about Winners and only typically supports winners than they will fix this mess).

Don't be surprised to see some cheesy Miami type thing next year like their promotion this past year (Go to fewer games)  http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/06/06/in-new-ad-miami-hurricanes-tell-fans-to-go-to-fewer-games/

I don't want to sound like a broken record on this (OK, yes I do) but the Boys and Girls Clubs (and similar orgs) will always take your tickets, and the kids who use them will be eternally grateful

Season ticket holders, please don't ever let your tickets go to waste

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't want to sound like a broken record on this (OK, yes I do) but the Boys and Girls Clubs (and similar orgs) will always take your tickets, and the kids who use them will be eternally grateful

Season ticket holders, please don't ever let your tickets go to waste

And please don't sell them to the opposing fans, especially UCF fans