• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The only arguement I have heard from the pro-CWT crowd is that we cannot afford to pay three coaches. I would argue that you cannot afford to keep him - he is erroding USF's revenue streams.

Its time to put some of that Big East buyout money to work.

If the school doesn't have the money to fire him and hire a new coach, their hands are tied.

Unless donors come up and provide a new source of funds... There is nothing else they can do.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

System seems to only work when you have one of the best QBs in the nation to run it.

QFT

A great QB can cover up for a lot of other faults

Throws missed this year, by ALL the qb's, didn't require a great qb ... Case in point are the ones missed today by White, especially the one in the end zone where AD had the DB blocked out like a great hoops center but was overthrown.

Yup and Bench missed two gimmies that were going to be TD's or at least set us up first and goal.  Average QB's make those throws where guys are wide open, unfortunately none of our current QB's are even close to average.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The only arguement I have heard from the pro-CWT crowd is that we cannot afford to pay three coaches. I would argue that you cannot afford to keep him - he is erroding USF's revenue streams.

If the school doesn't have the money to fire him and hire a new coach, their hands are tied.

Unless donors come up and provide a new source of funds... There is nothing else they can do.

How about when the current donors,season ticket holders done renrew? I have talked with Many who are done

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

How about when the current donors,season ticket holders done renrew? I have talked with Many who are done

Umm.... nothing.

Again.. If they don't have the money.. that can't do anything.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

It's still up to Harlan to decide what's best for the program and, no offense, the donors/st holders at our level aren't going to hold a lot of sway with him. It's the heavy hitters who he will be paying attention .... which is honestly the way it should be.

Enough to cover CWT's buyout for the duration of his contract?  If so maybe you guys should pool some money and offer to get that buy out taken care of.....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

Enough to cover CWT's buyout for the duration of his contract? If so maybe you guys should pool some money and offer to get that buy out taken care of.....

How about they use some of the $25MM - $33MM in Big East buyout money? Why should the donors have to bail out the athletic department for their ineptitude, especially when the university has neen financially rewarded for their inability to get off the Big East sinking ship (another scar from the university leadership)?

Enough to cover CWT's buyout for the duration of his contract? If so maybe you guys should pool some money and offer to get that buy out taken care of.....

How about they use some of the $25MM - $33MM in Big East buyout money? Why should the donors have to bail out the athletic department for their ineptitude, especially when the university has neen financially rewarded for their inability to get off the Big East sinking ship (another scar from the university leadership)?

I'd imagine that since we took a sizable downgrade in TV money due to the TV contract that money would be better served elsewhere.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

I'd imagine that since we took a sizable downgrade in TV money due to the TV contract that money would be better served elsewhere.....

If not football, where?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Who in that thread said that Skip was a success when he was here?