• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

If Taggart could at least put an exciting product on the field so people could be entertained I think we could up with not winning for another year or two.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If Taggart could at least put an exciting product on the field so people could be entertained I think we could up with not winning for another year or two.

If I saw consistent progress id be willing to stick it out. Our offense sucks and is not getting better. We are not entertaining at all to watch

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

If I saw consistent progress id be willing to stick it out. Our offense sucks and is not getting better. We are not entertaining at all to watch

That's it in a nut shell.

He loses and it's boring as balls.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

CWT recruits have been good thus far. To me, Auggie Sanchez is one of our best players. He is everywhere on the field. Thankful to have him at USF 

You're kidding right? If not, you aren't watching the same games I've been watching.  Kid is the slowest LB in CFB and he continually over pursues putting himself in poor position to make tackles.  He's bad, it doesn't mean he can't get better but a LB either has speed or he doesn't and Sanchez is slower than many linemen. A good DC wouldn't have him as a starter unless of course he's the best we got, which I doubt.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

CWT recruits have been good thus far. To me, Auggie Sanchez is one of our best players. He is everywhere on the field. Thankful to have him at USF 

T9v9eGM.gif

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

You're kidding right? If not, you aren't watching the same games I've been watching.  Kid is the slowest LB in CFB and he continually over pursues putting himself in poor position to make tackles.  He's bad, it doesn't mean he can't get better but a LB either has speed or he doesn't and Sanchez is slower than many linemen. A good DC wouldn't have him as a starter unless of course he's the best we got, which I doubt.

Honestly haven't seen a ton from him as far as thinking he's one of our best players on that side of the ball. It's a different ball game for him too. He's changed positions from FB to LB. It's probably still very much a learning process for him as far as instinctively moving in zone coverages, reading the offense, etc. In a 3-4 you've gotta have 4 very quick athletic line backers. Hopefully Jimmy Bayes and Vincent Jackson Jr. can step right in next year and really make a difference. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

People wore bags over their heads to protest Skip.  USF fans won't do that to Willie because they have flat out stopped going to the games.  Anyone who thinks the situation hasn't gotten worse two years later is fooling themselves.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

People wore bags over their heads to protest Skip.  USF fans won't do that to Willie because they have flat out stopped going to the games.  Anyone who thinks the situation hasn't gotten worse two years later is fooling themselves.

Agreed.  We considered bags next week but I don't want to give the UCF fans any more fodder on how much better than we are

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

Taggart is staring at a 4-8 season in a terribly weak AAC. I suspect he gets a third year but some coaching changes may be coming on his staff. USF cannot afford a 5th straight losing season and alienate what little fans remain.

I think many on this board would be surprised if Taggart was let go after this season but Taggart is not Harlan's guy, and he is seeing what the on field performance is doing to the turnstile. Beyond the record that are many red flags about Taggart and his style of coaching/scheme. Harlan may limp along for a 3rd year but anything short of a bowl game next year and Taggart is gone - good luck with the quarterbacks we have.

If Harlan knows Taggart isn't his guy then it's better to pull the plug on it now.