• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Please, you sir are the idiot.  We darn near lost to winless SMU who hasn't won a game since they beat us last year.  We beat a lousy FCS team, pathetic UConn in September, 2 win Tulsa and a last second victory over winless SMU

last time I check we lost to a FCS team last year and had a 2-10 record this season we have doubled our win output... Beat that orlando school and I deem this a okay season and improvement.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think we need to sleep off this bad win; on to Memphis next weekend and on to some good food.

Who wants to cuddle tonight?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You are probably correct about needing to keep Taggart on board, but although the win total has improved, the overall team play has not improved and is probably regressing.

Actually, I don't think you realize the improvement... probably because, like many of us, we had higher expectations... and we don't really remember how bad our team was last year.

I would agree defensively we have not improved (we're not #21 in the nation).... but look at a few statistics.

Wins have doubled from 2 to 4

Points scored: 165 total in 12 games last year (13.75 ppg) / 186 in 10 games this year (18.6 ppg)

Points allowed: 343 total in 12 games last year (28.58 ppg) / 277 in 10 games this year (27.7 ppg)

The offensive stats are better as well (but ESPN is not updated with tonight's game, so I can't illustrated them).

Raw numbers, therefore meaningless stats.

They need to be adjusted by the strength of schedule.

Regardless of W's and L's, this team doesn't know it's X's and O's, and that's on coaching

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired.  USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME.  In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout.  Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

It may not be fast enough for some people... but the team is improving.

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

Tell us how much money USF is losing in ticket sales, merchandising, donations, etc. along with intangibles of public opinion, etc.? USF has never made money on football, only about 20 programs do. Are donors going to cough up money next year for this mess or donate more for a change? You have to think  outside the box and not just at one cost factor and take into effect that football straight up is a loss leader that's undertaken not for income but for advertising to donors and potential students.

Donors already had to cough up to get Taggart... hard to go back and ask them to pay to get rid of him... especially when we have to start paying "full cost of attendance" for student athletes.

Sorry, but USF has to factor the costs... and weigh it against the improvement.

Donors always have to cough up. But how many won't with him?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Please, you sir are the idiot.  We darn near lost to winless SMU who hasn't won a game since they beat us last year.  We beat a lousy FCS team, pathetic UConn in September, 2 win Tulsa and a last second victory over winless SMU

last time I check we lost to a FCS team last year and had a 2-10 record this season we have doubled our win output... Beat that orlando school and I deem this a okay season and improvement.

Our wins were against pathetic teams- Oh wait next year we can beat SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, UConn at the beginning of the year and an FCS school and y'all can be thrilled with Willie, but I guarantee that I am not the only donor who is refusing to support this crap.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think we need to sleep off this bad win; on to Memphis next weekend and on to some good food.

*raises hand slowly*

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You are probably correct about needing to keep Taggart on board, but although the win total has improved, the overall team play has not improved and is probably regressing.

Actually, I don't think you realize the improvement... probably because, like many of us, we had higher expectations... and we don't really remember how bad our team was last year.

I would agree defensively we have not improved (we're not #21 in the nation).... but look at a few statistics.

Points scored: 165 total in 12 games last year (13.75 ppg) / 186 in 10 games this year (18.6 ppg)

Points allowed: 343 total in 12 games last year (28.58 ppg) / 277 in 10 games this year (27.7 ppg)

The offensive stats are better as well (but ESPN is not updated with tonight's game, so I can't illustrated them).

Raw numbers, therefore meaningless stats.

They need to be adjusted by the strength of schedule.

Regardless of W's and L's, this team doesn't know it's X's and O's, and that's on coaching

Yep, just numbers until you add context.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Our wins were against pathetic teams- Oh wait next year we can beat SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, UConn at the beginning of the year and an FCS school and y'all can be thrilled with Willie, but I guarantee that I am not the only donor who is refusing to support this crap.

Snarling go rage quit... I will enjoy it.

Oh why not.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I will, pumpkin

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The win is a win. Our wins so far have not been solid performances at all and came against the absolute worst teams in college football this year.

When you are trying to build something or rebuild something you can't look at just the win total as just an improvement. You also need to look at the whole team, not just a few offensive stats, and say the team has improved.

I did not think we would get more than 4 wins this year, but what I was looking for was something from the team and coaching staff that convinces me that, even if we are losing, there is a foundation of success being built, by the younger guys, that the future looks promising.

I only see that promise coming from the Running Back position. Although, I must say that for the first time this year, Mike White actually looked like he knew what he was doing. Sort of. I liked his choices of receivers anyway. He was still barely over 50% so I am not too excited, but he did enough for a glimmer of hope.

For you guys that keep saying "oh, we won 4 games, the team is improving and citing a few stats from offense, what are you seeing that leads you to believe a true foundation is being set for success next year? I don't see that growth or performance coming from the younger guys to point to a significant leap next year.

I will say the RBs are good. You also have a few nice plays on D from the freshmen, nothing consistent, but a play here and there. Other than that, your offensive productivity is almost exclusively from seniors. Davis, Welch and McFarland only guys with catches. Other than that, no meaningful productivity coming back next year.

On OL, you are losing 3 long time starters. New guys may be more talented, but until they play a down and until we see them as a unit, it is a hope and a prayer. Especially with a QB corp that doesn't have a 50% passer yet.

Coaching decisions are weak at best. Special teams are disorganized and a mess most weeks. That is on coaching. Game management is poor.

Looking below the improvement to 4 wins against bad teams, what do you see that points to improvement and success next year? I don't see it.

• Upvote 1