• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Heart. This team has heart which is something they haven't had in a while. They are also pleasantly and heartbreakingly inconsistent. The fact that they can look like a great (used loosely) team at times is hopeful. They look horrid at times too, but those moments where they look good are new to this team. I mean coming from the days of of Bobby E and Matt Floyd... where we couldn't beat the worse teams and didn't even look like we wanted to is improvement. I honestly believe this team is headed in the right direction.

Edited by TromBull12

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ok, great cuddling last night everyone. I like to send a shout out to all the little spoons for taking one for the team and an even bigger shout out to all the big spoons for keeping real.

As a reminder, eye contact is prohibited for 24 hours.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired.  USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME.  In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout.  Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

It may not be fast enough for some people... but the team is improving.

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

Amen to that, and btw, what the eff do you fire (insert some poor coaches name here) people want? If we happen to win 6 this year and go to a bowl, are you all going to bash the team and say we only did it because the competition sucks? F all of you entitled, instant gratification needing brats.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired. USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME. In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout. Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

Amen to that, and btw, what the eff do you fire (insert some poor coaches name here) people want? If we happen to win 6 this year and go to a bowl, are you all going to bash the team and say we only did it because the competition sucks? F all of you entitled, instant gratification needing brats.

You just saw USF's last win this season. What signature win has Taggart had?

Edited by brybull1970

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Dude, the name calling is a bit much. Everyone is allowed to feel how they want. You are passionate about your point, people dissatisfied with the coaches are passionate about their point, name calling only inflames, no one benefits from that

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I thought going into the season we would win 4 games, maybe 5 at most. We are way better than season. Did people forget how pitiful we were. We may not have a lot of wins but have been in the game for most of our losses. Last season wouldn't of happened. Our team is young playing so many frosh/Soph. Can't expect to be a dominant team in the 2nd season. Yeah I always don't agree with all of his decisions but we are going in the right direction. If we don't keep moving forward then it's a problem but I am fine this season will all of the other improvements.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

He will NOT be fired. USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME. In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout. Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

I'll agree there are a lot of fans that demand instant gratification. I never agreed with the fire Leavitt he has peaked crowd. We are a very young program and fan base. With that said, what will cost more, Taggart's buy out or the decline in attendance and fans? I think it's reasonable to assume we have lost 10k in ticket sales per game and at $20/ticket that's $200k/game or $1.2m per a six game home season. How much will also be lost from the smaller donor base?

The system this team runs is so boring to watch even winning 7-8 games a year won't bring back all the fans we have lost. This is college football, and win or lose, the product on the field better be entertaining. I'm not sure if we need to fire anyone yet, but as a longtime fan I'm also not sure if I can continue to watch this brand of football. This coming from a fan that has watched our basketball team lose for the last 20 years!

This program needs to turn around the attendance problem as quickly as possible. Will it happen with Taggart's brand of football? I also don't see the we can't afford his buyout argument. Just turning around the attendance by 10k will pay for his buyout and also increase the donor base. Do you see fans coming back next year or the year after? Will a new coach and style bring them back sooner? That's the question that needs to be answered.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

"If we happen to win six this year and go to a bowl"

I hope this happens too. But you know there's next to no chance it does. If it does then we'll have finally started to see this improvement I hear rumors of.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

We still can't afford to pay yet another coach to not be at USF. USF is on the hook for Holtz's salary until 2017 and Heath's until 2016 (I believe).

This +1.  CWT will be here in 2015, but #1 priority needs to be new assistant coaches on staff.  Tags needs to let go of being involved in the Off/Def and just be the HEAD coach.  Trust your coordinators and assistants to do their job.

For grins, I looked at some other coaching records in their first few years.  I hate doing this, but take Schiano for example at Rutgers:

2001 2-9

2002 1-11

2003 5-7

2004 4-7

2005 7-5

2006 11-2

It took 5 years for a winning record and a bowl game.  It's not like we're the big fish in the pond where 5-star recruits come in yearly and rebuild....we take more time unfortunately. 

Edited by bull2saintleo

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

We still can't afford to pay yet another coach to not be at USF. USF is on the hook for Holtz's salary until 2017 and Heath's until 2016 (I believe).

This +1.  CWT will be here in 2015, but #1 priority needs to be new assistant coaches on staff.  Tags needs to let go of being involved in the Off/Def and just be the HEAD coach.  Trust your coordinators and assistants to do their job.
Are we certain that Taggart isn't just being the head coach and letting his OC and DC handle things? Just wondering, both of those guys have held HC positions right? I would think they'd be less likely to be puppets and do boys.