• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Does anyone have a better description of what Harlan said at the half?

I was interested and wanted to hear, given the FB performance yesterday (...Interesting timing on giving an interview...) but had to step away right when it happened.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I was interested and wanted to hear, given the FB performance yesterday (...Interesting timing on giving an interview...) but had to step away right when it happened.

the focus was on basketball, obviously, and he was saying good things about the new sundome and the fast pace of Coach O

my quote from above was word for word "we're going to get all the right coaches"

he also went on to say (approximately) "and all the right facilities"

So it seems like he's also focused on an indoor practice field and a stadium.

Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking...

He's dedicated to winning.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

the focus was on basketball, obviously, and he was saying good things about the new sundome and the fast pace of Coach O

my quote from above was word for word "we're going to get all the right coaches"

He should have just came out and said he wants USF invited into a P5 conference. Say that USF will have a state of the art OCS soon. That would get peep hyped up!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

When, yes I said when, CWT turns this around I hope all of you impatient ones readily come on here to eat crow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

If you go ahead and fire Willie Taggart right now I'm not going to fault you. He has committed sins and made mistakes. He looks in over his head at times. He's recruited well but not at the most important position on the field which I suppose means he hasn't really recruited that well at all.

But if you're inclined to let him continue then you'd better give him the chance to work through this quarterback problem that he was handed by Skip Holtz and that he contributed to through his lack of plan at the position and his flippant quarterback decisions.

The continued indecision at that position still bothers me. Mike White against Tulsa had probably the best passing day we've seen a USF passer have since B.J. Daniels. A week later he's benched. Steven Bench throws well in relief and then a week later he's benched. You make a decision to go with the true freshman and then you pull him during the game. Now I'm sure White will be the starter again.

You can blame all of this on the quality of the quarterbacks and indeed with this crew you were probably never destined to get good performance in 2014. But a big part of the underperformance is Willie Taggart's indecision. If you commit to a guy, especially a YOUNG guy, you stick with him, let him work through his mistakes, and you reap the rewards later as the light starts to turn on.

Anyway I say either fire him now or give him a couple more years to see if he can win with good quarterback play.

When, yes I said when, CWT turns this around I hope all of you impatient ones readily come on here to eat crow.

I wont be eating any crow. I think CWT has brought in some great recruiting classes in his short time hear. If he turns it around then I will be happy. If he does not turn it around,( and I have heard that his time is ticking away with new AD) then the next coach will have talent to work with. You have to understand that CWT didnt have much talent to work with. It was not a talented corp of players like we have right now as Freshmen and Sophs. I wont be suprised at all if CWT turns it around next season if the new AD gives him one more year. 

If you go ahead and fire Willie Taggart right now I'm not going to fault you. He has committed sins and made mistakes. He looks in over his head at times. He's recruited well but not at the most important position on the field which I suppose means he hasn't really recruited that well at all.

But if you're inclined to let him continue then you'd better give him the chance to work through this quarterback problem that he was handed by Skip Holtz and that he contributed to through his lack of plan at the position and his flippant quarterback decisions.

The continued indecision at that position still bothers me. Mike White against Tulsa had probably the best passing day we've seen a USF passer have since B.J. Daniels. A week later he's benched. Steven Bench throws well in relief and then a week later he's benched. You make a decision to go with the true freshman and then you pull him during the game. Now I'm sure White will be the starter again.

You can blame all of this on the quality of the quarterbacks and indeed with this crew you were probably never destined to get good performance in 2014. But a big part of the underperformance is Willie Taggart's indecision. If you commit to a guy, especially a YOUNG guy, you stick with him, let him work through his mistakes, and you reap the rewards later as the light starts to turn on.

Anyway I say either fire him now or give him a couple more years to see if he can win with good quarterback play.

Agree with most you say, but I would not fire him now. The only way USF would do that is if there is a coach out there that wants to coach USF and that has been in contact with Harlan about the job. That is the only way that you will see USF DO SOMETHING right now. I dont believe there is a Butch Davis or Greg Schiano begging USF to hire them. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

LOL...there is some expotential growth in your interpertation of a few meaningless quotes...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ We all hear what we want to hear. Harlan won't fire a coach that's moving forward, especially with our financial situation--even if "forward" is only a step or two at this point.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

You've seen enough in our 4 wins against WCU, UCONN, Tulsa, and SMU to be 100% confident that he's going to make it happen here? Good lord what I would give to have that mindset.