• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

When, yes I said when, CWT turns this around I hope all of you impatient ones readily come on here to eat crow.

You've seen enough in our 4 wins against WCU, UCONN, Tulsa, and SMU to be 100% confident that he's going to make it happen here? Good lord what I would give to have that mindset.
I will happily eat crow but I don't think I will need to. These marquee wins we are getting show me how great he is Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Can't fire him. We need to see if we can flip some UF recruits now that muschamp is gone.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

UF's worst is CWT's wet dream. There won't be one flip to us before signing day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired. USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME. In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout. Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

It may not be fast enough for some people... but the team is improving.

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

This. And, ugly as it is, in his first 2 years CWT has as many wins as Holtz last

Things are improving, just not all at once.

CSH had like 7 or 8 one score losses those two seasons, some on the last play. Those two years the team seemed much more on the edge of competing than these last two.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired. USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME. In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout. Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

This. And, ugly as it is, in his first 2 years CWT has as many wins as Holtz last

CSH had like 7 or 8 one score losses those two seasons, some on the last play. Those two years the team seemed much more on the edge of competing than these last two.
Agreed

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

He had 3 one score losses his last year, none after BJ went down. His inability to have a serviceable qb in waiting is what probably hastened his departure ....  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Totally agree with Trip there, comparing a team led by BJ vs what we have now is not really fair. Defensive numbers would be a decent comparison, and I think we've regressed a little there.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

When, yes I said when, CWT turns this around I hope all of you impatient ones readily come on here to eat crow.

You've seen enough in our 4 wins against WCU, UCONN, Tulsa, and SMU to be 100% confident that he's going to make it happen here? Good lord what I would give to have that mindset.

I've seen enough in the wins and in the losses to know that the plays are there to be had.  We have a ton of young guys, playing under a coach in his second season.  I expect at least 6 or 7 wins next season.

He had 3 one score losses his last year, none after BJ went down. His inability to have a serviceable qb in waiting is what probably hastened his departure ....

And he had 5 the preceding year...3+5=8.

As for no backup, I've never seen that before in football. Ever. Wow. Of course, Taggart can't find one either or the coach at Vandy or all the other teams in football without a backup OR starter that wins games. Imagine that Holtz couldn't find a similar backup to the second highest total offensive yards player in Big East history. They have those all over the place to recruit. Like that Woulard guy Holtz recruited.

^ Totally agree with Trip there, comparing a team led by BJ vs what we have now is not really fair. Defensive numbers would be a decent comparison, and I think we've regressed a little there.

Comparing the cupcakes we play now vs the ones we played in the Big East isn't fair either.