• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Its Time to Turn the Page on Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

3-3 in conference play, first time we've had 3 wins in conference since 2010.

two comeback wins in the 4th quarter.

two away wins (doubles our past two years combined).

I mean a win's a win.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Some people are never satisfied. We won, it wasn't pretty but we won. Please tell me what you would have done differently this game to make it better as a coach? He didn't Chop block anyone, fumble any balls or muff any kicks. The game plan was adjusted after the half and the players executed. I can honestly say it's been about execution the majority of our games. Critiquing is ok but don't complain about everything, it's not good for your health.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

LOL

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

People who think CWT will be fired are completely delusional ... (note, I didn't say "should be fired"... I said "will be fired"... "should" implies opinion, "will" implies fact)

He will NOT be fired.  USF cannot afford to pay for THREE HEAD COACHES AT THE SAME TIME.  In 2015, Holtz has one more year of his buyout.  Firing CWT means paying HIS buyout... then paying the salary for another coach.

It may be ugly... but 4 wins are double last year... and more than Skip's last year...

It may not be fast enough for some people... but the team is improving.

Harlan is not going to fire CWT when he is making progress, and we can't really afford it anyway.

Tell us how much money USF is losing in ticket sales, merchandising, donations, etc. along with intangibles of public opinion, etc.? USF has never made money on football, only about 20 programs do. Are donors going to cough up money next year for this mess or donate more for a change? You have to think  outside the box and not just at one cost factor and take into effect that football straight up is a loss leader that's undertaken not for income but for advertising to donors and potential students.

Donors already had to cough up to get Taggart... hard to go back and ask them to pay to get rid of him... especially when we have to start paying "full cost of attendance" for student athletes.

Sorry, but USF has to factor the costs... and weigh it against the improvement.

Yes but.

If you're going to play boring football, you better win.

If you're going to lose, do it with style and flare.

If you're going to play boring football AND lose, need to be on the streets looking for another job

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

^^^. LOL, not sure watching USF football is "good for my health."

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The game plan was changed in the 4 th quarter when we were being shut out by the worst defense in FBS  Taggart is [athetic and if you want to watch in please be my guest, UCF will be my last game as a season ticket holder.  I am evaluated at work by the performance of my clinical staff and patient satisfaction scores, why should Willie be any different?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The game plan was changed in the 4 th quarter when we were being shut out by the worst defense in FBS  Taggart is [athetic and if you want to watch in please be my guest, UCF will be my last game as a season ticket holder.  I am evaluated at work by the performance of my clinical staff and patient satisfaction scores, why should Willie be any different?

Because of guaranteed contracts (and it's the same in every sport)

You are probably correct about needing to keep Taggart on board, but although the win total has improved, the overall team play has not improved and is probably regressing.

Actually, I don't think you realize the improvement... probably because, like many of us, we had higher expectations... and we don't really remember how bad our team was last year.

I would agree defensively we have not improved (we're not #21 in the nation).... but look at a few statistics.

Wins have doubled from 2 to 4

Points scored: 165 total in 12 games last year (13.75 ppg) / 186 in 10 games this year (18.6 ppg)

Points allowed: 343 total in 12 games last year (28.58 ppg) / 277 in 10 games this year (27.7 ppg)

The offensive stats are better as well (but ESPN is not updated with tonight's game, so I can't illustrated them).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am not sure this will make sense, but I don't think you can make a judgement about this team until the end of the year. Certainly not game by game.

Unless we get to a bowl game, just winning 4 games vs 2 last year doesn't really show me we have improved much when you consider how bad the teams we beat are (combined 4-24 and a couple of those wins by opponents were vs FCS teams). The team's overall play has not improved and scarier yet, looking to next year, on offense, other than our stable of backs, the only production is coming from seniors. Relying on Freshmen at WR, TE and on the OL is frightening when we are expecting better play.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I have a theory: We may be so bad that we get everyone else's best performance. They circle us on the calendar as a beatable team, so they put together their best games just for us. Just like people do against the top teams. I believe statistics mean nothing when you step on the field. I'm believe SMU doesn't go out saying we're the worst team in fbs so let's play like it. They said we beat this team one and we can do it again. They are getting better every week and will eventually beat someone. Just like UConn did to Ucif... just glad it wasn't us this time.

• Upvote 1