• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Line opens at 33.5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I remember the days when we would go out and win these games and shock everyone.

Now, just hoping we keep it respectable. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I just don't want to feel like I wasted a trip even if we lose by 21+

We are easily going to lose by 21+, but since you know that going in, have a great time regardless.  Should be really awesome to see a game at Camp Randell.  When/why else would you ever be doing that?  

wisconsin could cover by halftime

i am taking wisconsin

What a fan

Smazza aside...

What makes you a bad fan for being realistic and knowing USF will not compete in this game?  We are going to get killed.  I'm still a fan.  I'm just not delusional.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I would think a fan would have a much better grasp on the reality of the gap between these two teams in all facets of the game. Just because you enjoy supporting/rooting for a particular team, doesn't mean you're supposed to suspend reality. I have been a Cubs fan my entire life, that doesn't mean I think Edwin Jackson is going to win the Cy Young this year just because he's a Cub. I would love for USF to win, but I've also seen enough of this team to know what the chances are.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

wisconsin could cover by halftime

i am taking wisconsin

What a fan

Smazza aside...

What makes you a bad fan for being realistic and knowing USF will not compete in this game? We are going to get killed. I'm still a fan. I'm just not delusional.

That's why they play the game dude. It is not delusional to think usf could win the game if a couple things go our way.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

That line is sobering but unfortunately our reality right now

Hopefully we can make it interesting for a quarter or two

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This could get ugly quickly.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I wouldn't bet on this game, but 33.5 seems about right.  Wiscy is very good in all phases, and because of rankings, style points count.  They lost to LSU early, dropping to #17 now.  They will want to win every game by as many points as possible, to move up the rankings...hoping to run the B1G table after they play us.

That said, with this meek/scared offense, I don't see us scoring more than 13 (hell, we got 17 v UConn, and that was with a TO at their 19), without some breaks.  I dare say Wiscy's D is a bit more stout.  The hope is we can throw some quick hitters and maybe some deep balls, to keep them from loading the box.  BGSU was able to get some WRs behind Wiscy's CBs, so big plays are NOT impossible. But we have to get our TEs in the game, and dump passes to Mack to get him in space.

Another factor is that Wiscy may get such a big lead early that they put in the 2nd & 3rd string, as they did with BGSU, to mitigate risk of injury heading into B1G play.  That may let us get some garbage points.  Also, never give up on a Dunkley KR or PR TD (or good field position).  If the D can make some plays, we could be score off that.

I read above that all we have to do is stop the run.  That's **** near impossible, with those corn fed bubbas leaning on our smaller front 7, we'll need stunts & blitzes to keep fresh & make plays.  Their QB is an average passer, but a very good runner.  But if WRs get as open as they did v BGSU, he won't need to be too accurate.

So, at the risk of picking on all the craziness:  Wiscy 55, USF 16

It is not delusional to think usf could win the game if a couple things go our way.

I disagree, but what do I know?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

The line is also artificially a bit high due to the mass amount of Wisconsin people that go to Vegas all the time. There are jets after jets full of people that go there. The line is set for the 'betting public', not exactly what Vegas thinks the score will be. So it's probably inflated by 5 points because of this. Someone pointed out the Sagarin line is like 28 or something like that.