• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Line opens at 33.5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

This is the kind of game where you need multiple return touchdowns, blocked kicks, crazy trick play that all work, every crazy bounce to go your way. And we still probably lose, but sometimes combination of luck, skill and ingenuity can lead to a shocking result.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

A bit of an aside, but I'm not really sure what the point of playing games with a 33.5-point spread even is anymore. I want USF to be a P5 team, but if there has to be a split and USF is relegated to G5 permanently, P5 teams should only be able to play P5 teams. I get all the "tradition, small teams like to play big teams, pay day" arguments - I just think those are post-hoc rationalizations that P5 teams use to fill up their schedules with easy W's. If the P5 wants all the money, they can also take the occasional L with it because they're playing real competition. Just my two cents.

• Any given Saturday,
  • The next time we get Wisconsin, I hope we're not 33.5 dogs. That is, a team can aggressively schedule P5 teams beyond a pay day, hoping to prove relevance after stringing together enough of said wins.
2007 Appalachian State vs. #5 Michigan (-33)
App state was a winning program. We are not

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I cannot believe my Bulls are held in worse regard than Appalachian State by... Bulls fans?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,432

Florida kids either play really up to their competition or really really down to their competition. Wisconsin is coming in cocky as hell, as would I if I were them, but overlooking could be a possibility. I don't know guys we have some freak athletes on our team just looking for motivation and this might be it.

I wouldn't bet too much on Wisconsin coming in 'cocky as hell.'  Wisconsin is a team made up of walk-ons, two- and three-star recruits, with a few four-stars sprinkled in.  A very hard-working, blue-collar team that still has a sour taste in its mouth after blowing a 24-7 lead against LSU.  They are also coached by Gary Andersen, a guy that rebuilt a respectable Utah State program.  His Aggies came into Madison a couple years ago and almost pulled off an incredible upset.  I am sure he has instilled into these players the respect to give to a opponent perceived to be 'inferior.'

The Badgers also own the nation's second-longest home winning streak against non-conference opponents.  There is motivation for this team not to break that streak.

Best of luck!

Sounds just like us.

Hence why I dont think this game isn't terribly unattainable for us.

Gary Andersen IS one hell of a coach tho.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

A bit of an aside, but I'm not really sure what the point of playing games with a 33.5-point spread even is anymore. I want USF to be a P5 team, but if there has to be a split and USF is relegated to G5 permanently, P5 teams should only be able to play P5 teams. I get all the "tradition, small teams like to play big teams, pay day" arguments - I just think those are post-hoc rationalizations that P5 teams use to fill up their schedules with easy W's. If the P5 wants all the money, they can also take the occasional L with it because they're playing real competition. Just my two cents.

• Any given Saturday,
  • The next time we get Wisconsin, I hope we're not 33.5 dogs. That is, a team can aggressively schedule P5 teams beyond a pay day, hoping to prove relevance after stringing together enough of said wins.
2007 Appalachian State vs. #5 Michigan (-33)

Are there any good Division II teams that could beat FCS teams? Maybe. Could Alabama beat Jacksonville on a bad day? Maybe. Not a reason to let them play each other. I just think you should box in your weight class (P5). A W against a MEAC opponent shouldn't count the same in your W/L column and toward bowl eligibility as, say, a W against Clemson.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

I just don't want to feel like I wasted a trip even if we lose by 21+

Vacation, never a wasted trip. Even if we lose, you still got to visit one of the greatest stadiums and campuses in college athletics.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Is Wisconsin that much better than Michigan State. If we can play with MSU, we can play with Wisc. Would Wisc be favored this much against Maryland. Because USF and md played an even game. This is an easy cover.

Their #1 running back averaged 8.0 yards per carry last year.  This year he is up to 9.8.  He averaged 9 yards per carry against LSU!

I'll be rooting for USF as always.  But this is a tough road to hoe.

You don't hoe a road.  You hoe a row.  Surprised none of the Wiscy farm boys here called you on this :offtopic:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Get the alcohol ready for Saturday

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Making college play at P5 or non-P5 silly.  You don't reward teams that grow, and let mediocre teams linger as bottom feeders.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

USF will win on Saturday. I know our offense has been abysmal. And the QB completion pctg has been the worst in 1-A.

Okay wait a second.