• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Line opens at 33.5

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,565
  • Days Won:  423

This is bigger than the Oklahoma game??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The spread against Oklahoma was 28 points. We lost by 17 (31-14).

"Of course, USF's program is in its sixth year and playing on national television for the first time, and Oklahoma is Oklahoma. The point spread is 28."

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/09/28/Sports/Fraternity_brothers_f.shtml

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,565
  • Days Won:  423

The spread against Oklahoma was 28 points. We lost by 17 (31-14).

"Of course, USF's program is in its sixth year and playing on national television for the first time, and Oklahoma is Oklahoma. The point spread is 28."

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/09/28/Sports/Fraternity_brothers_f.shtml

Wow. I know it's a hokey motivational tool but Tags may want to just mention that to the lads ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

If the D can stop their run game, and we can put enough points on the board (!!) to keep us close in the 4th, I could see a flicker of hope for another steal. I hope to at least get the same level of play that we had last week, preferably better.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Is Wisconsin that much better than Michigan State. If we can play with MSU, we can play with Wisc. Would Wisc be favored this much against Maryland. Because USF and md played an even game. This is an easy cover.

Their #1 running back averaged 8.0 yards per carry last year.  This year he is up to 9.8.  He averaged 9 yards per carry against LSU!

I'll be rooting for USF as always.  But this is a tough road to hoe.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Biggest spread ever? Don't remember the Oklahoma or Alabama lines.

I can't remember a bigger spread. I think this tops them all. 

Last year against UCF it was 26.5 (easy USF cover).  In '02 Oklahoma 28 (USF covered), in '03 'bama 15 (Bama covered by 8), and 2004 Louisville +30 (UL covered by 2 points) which was the largest ever. 

I don't know what the guys with the long noses in Vegas know, but it's obvious they want all the bets on USF.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

A bit of an aside, but I'm not really sure what the point of playing games with a 33.5-point spread even is anymore. I want USF to be a P5 team, but if there has to be a split and USF is relegated to G5 permanently, P5 teams should only be able to play P5 teams. I get all the "tradition, small teams like to play big teams, pay day" arguments - I just think those are post-hoc rationalizations that P5 teams use to fill up their schedules with easy W's. If the P5 wants all the money, they can also take the occasional L with it because they're playing real competition. Just my two cents.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

A bit of an aside, but I'm not really sure what the point of playing games with a 33.5-point spread even is anymore. I want USF to be a P5 team, but if there has to be a split and USF is relegated to G5 permanently, P5 teams should only be able to play P5 teams. I get all the "tradition, small teams like to play big teams, pay day" arguments - I just think those are post-hoc rationalizations that P5 teams use to fill up their schedules with easy W's. If the P5 wants all the money, they can also take the occasional L with it because they're playing real competition. Just my two cents.

1. Any given Saturday,
  2. The next time we get Wisconsin, I hope we're not 33.5 dogs. That is, a team can aggressively schedule P5 teams beyond a pay day, hoping to prove relevance after stringing together enough of said wins.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

1. Any given Saturday,
  2. The next time we get Wisconsin, I hope we're not 33.5 dogs. That is, a team can aggressively schedule P5 teams beyond a pay day, hoping to prove relevance after stringing together enough of said wins.

2007 Appalachian State vs. #5 Michigan  (-33)