• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We can win with a poised White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

This game was a good confidence booster for White. He needed it

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

In the last 2 years there has only been 2 games where I said, "This guy looks like a qb."

Both times the same guy was playing the position.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Rutgers used to beat us running the same offense. Pitt would beat us running the same offense. Uconn would beat us running the same offense, even went to a BCS bowl running it.

Is it the most exciting thing to watch? No not at all, I'm sure we would all love to drop 42 points a game. Can it be used to have a consistent winning team? Sure, as always mentioned CWT's WKU team was and still is.

However, after saying all that I don't think it will ever get us to 10+ wins unless we get our own Andrew Luck.

Just because teams beat us doesn't/didn't make them good teams.

some of you guys certainly seem to have a heck of a lot of patience before we start to see results:

Schiano's record at Rutgers was a disaster until Brian Leonard and Ray Rice came along.

2-9

1-11

5-7

4-7

7-5

His conference record was 3-24 his first 4 years

4-17 road record.  

Wannstedt took over a Pitt team that played in the Fiesta Bowl the year before. they went 5-6, 6-6, 5-7 before they started moving ahead.

With so much at stake in conference realignment and disgusting attendance, do we have another 2 years before the offense shows life?  

Seems like we are following the history of the BB program.  May end up with the same attendance before too long.  

I am not calling for Taggart to be fired.  i am just making a statement of what I am seeing from the offense and how long it may take to develop a competent offensive line to run the offense Taggart is running.

Fair points, but you should note that Mack and Johnson came to USF in Taggart's second year on the job. 

Brian Leonard didn't arrive till 2003 and Ray Rice was a 2005 arrival. That same sort of success that Rutgers had in 2006 and 2007 can be had much sooner here because we've stockpiled talent that much more quickly.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Come on. Bench throws the ugliest ball I think I have ever seen from a non peewee QB. I also don't think he has much arm strength.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Come on. Bench throws the ugliest ball I think I have ever seen from a non peewee QB. I also don't think he has much arm strength.

troll-6.jpg

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

troll-6.jpg

He does kind of throws a duck.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Just a general comment on White echoing some others on there.  IF he gets time it appears he can deliver the ball on a fairly regular basis.  But even last night it appears when he gets a bit of pressure things don't go nearly as well.  I'm sure you can say that about a lot of QBs, but I would not project the success he had last night to Wisconsin or other future games.  As someone said in the In Game thread, Western Carolina was probably a tougher matchup than UConn.  Maybe we can negotiate with teams to play 7 on 7.

the guy is a true sophomore. foolish to think he should have mastered college defenses and their pressure by now.

UConn has a solid Defense. He played well.

Nobody expects him to look like a heisman contender against the better defenses at this point.

I get you're a bench fan and you take every opportunity to express your displeasure with White but it is crystal clear that he is a far superior option in this offense especially if he has time.

I hope that White wins every game he starts. Have nothing against the kid.  Been very polite the couple of times I've met him.  I just believe that unless he gets excellent protection he may struggle.  Doesn't seem to move well in the pocket.  Again, he's a Bull - I'm a fan of his. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just a general comment on White echoing some others on there.  IF he gets time it appears he can deliver the ball on a fairly regular basis.  But even last night it appears when he gets a bit of pressure things don't go nearly as well.  I'm sure you can say that about a lot of QBs, but I would not project the success he had last night to Wisconsin or other future games.  As someone said in the In Game thread, Western Carolina was probably a tougher matchup than UConn.  Maybe we can negotiate with teams to play 7 on 7.

the guy is a true sophomore. foolish to think he should have mastered college defenses and their pressure by now.

Nobody expects him to look like a heisman contender against the better defenses at this point.

I get you're a bench fan and you take every opportunity to express your displeasure with White but it is crystal clear that he is a far superior option in this offense especially if he has time.

I hope that White wins every game he starts. Have nothing against the kid.  Been very polite the couple of times I've met him.  I just believe that unless he gets excellent protection he may struggle.  Doesn't seem to move well in the pocket.  Again, he's a Bull - I'm a fan of his. 

almost any true sophomore that is a pocket passer will have trouble when he gets pressure. he will learn how to move around in the pocket as he matures. it will come with experience.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

almost any true sophomore that is a pocket passer will have trouble when he gets pressure. he will learn how to move around in the pocket as he matures. it will come with experience.

I don't know if movement in the pocket is one of those learned skills or whether you just have a kind of feel for it.  He'll be our starter the rest of the year so I hope you are right.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

troll-6.jpg

He does kind of throws a duck.

Lol, nice zinger.

But who owns a desktop? You know mobile devices have internet access as well right?

And just for clarification should I ask you before I post next time?