• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We can win with a poised White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

Wait until next game before you start praising White...

We need a QB that can face adversity 

he played well.

positive reinforcement works much better than negative criticism.

he is a young QB that will make mistakes. I certainly hope you don't expect heisman numbers against Wisconsin

He played well? 

Mostly hand offs, and a few completions ....

The weather was rough on the receivers, but -- the offense really did not do much; except fight for field position.

So what I'm getting from your post is that White didn't play well, because he's Mike White and that's impossible, but the receivers didn't play well because of the weather?

That was supposed to be a joke, right?

You realize the offense could have done better without the drops, right?  If Mike White could throw the ball in the driving rain with his bare hands, at least once without even using the laces, as shown once on TV, the receivers could **** sure catch the ball with those nice gloves.  

:facepalm:

Games against Wisconsin and ECU will really show the level of talent in our offense.

The O-line better hold up, but can Mike White hold his will and make plays if the opponent's defense puts up a lot of stops?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

How does Bench feel right now?

Just like he did in game 1, like the backup guy.

Might be third string now

Tampa weather seems rough this week...

I wonder how the practices will be?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'd be happy if the team can compete against the average teams in the conference. I wouldn't call UConn average.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

The score does not reflect the game.  We had drives that stalled out or we took 3 points because of poor play calling.   3rd and goal from the 1 and you try the same run over again and UConn was ready their LB's were up and punched right through to make it a tackle for a loss.

A score of 7 points and you now have a 21 to 7 lead.  

I will say that one play was a head-scratcher, and all the more so because they didn't have Mack in there to do it. That was the exception on the night rather than the rule, though...IMO

If you're at the one inch line, it's not poor play calling that stalled the drive, it's execution. Tice had just moved the pile 4 or 5 yards to get to that point. They should have been able to punch it in, with two tries that close. UConn bowed up and we didn't meet the challenge, just like we did in one of the previous FBS games. It happens.